Chapter 2 | Alfred's P.O.V | Something New

Today. Was. AWESOME! As per usual, but still, it was awesome as heck! I wish I could've, like, stayed after school or something with my friends and my half-brother, Matthew, but everyone had their own stuff to do, obviously.
    Today was so cool because we had this festival thing where home rooms across the school all do their own thing and try to raise money, as well as a competition thingy where other home rooms choose their favourite part of the festival (like, which home room) and we won!

    Also, lately, I've been kinda curious about other people around the world. It only just hit me the other day that there are people out there, who live like other people, but kinda differently because of cultures and stuff. How cool?! I wanna meet people from around the world, and see how they live their daily lives and tell them what we do here in America (fuck yeah) and tell them how they could make their lives totally cooler with our stuff! Kidding, I think.
    So, anyways, I signed up to this website where you meet people online. You sign up with your full name and date of birth and interests. Date of Birth is private to people you choose though so it's all cool!
    I signed up to this website like a week ago and I already got loads of friend requests. I bet they either know who I am or want more from me than just that... Nah, I'm being dumb, but anyways! I got like 50 friend requests since I last went on it yesterday night, damn.
    To my surprise, all of them seemed trustworthy so I accepted them all. There was such a variety! I got a few Canadians (though I know a half Canadian already, Matthew), I got loads of other Americans, but I also got like nine Japanese people and even one British guy! I mean, this British guy seemed pretty sad in his picture, but he was smiling, so I don't really know what gave me that impression.

    It was 10:00PM, and I decided to check again, before realising that I'd received a message from the before mentioned British guy. His name was Arthur, Arthur Kirkland. The conversation was pretty boring, in fact it went like this.

Him: Hello.
Me: Hi bro!
Him: How are you?
Me: I'm great! wbu?
Him: I'm good, thank you for asking.
Me: that's fine dude!! what time is it in england right now? it's gotta be late right??
Him: Yes, it's just past 3AM. I couldn't get any sleep, so I checked on here and saw you accepted me so I thought I'd message you or something, I hope that's okay.
Me: that's totally fine, don't worry!

  He then stopped replying, so I assumed that he fell asleep or something. Sleeeeeeeep..... That sounded awesome right about then.
   I threw off my shirt and pants, spreading across my double bed in just my boxers. Tonight's sleep will be awesome after a tiring day, I'm gonna feel amazing after this, I'll bet.
   .....Or so I thought. But, for some reason, I couldn't even get a minute of sleep. I was thinking about that British dude. Was he really sad in that picture? What if he wasn't okay when he told me he was good, like, what if he was crying while typing that or something?! Why the heck am I thinking like this, and why am I worrying about some guy 5000 miles away from me...? The fuck, me?!
   Oh well. Resting the body is better than getting worked up, so I just turned round and closed my eyes, trying to think of happier things.