TWENTY FOUR

Rigby

I was never a patient person.

Always someone who can't stand waiting, for literally anything.

That's why, as I sit here, the idea of seeing Niall has me ready to explode.

He left this morning before I crawled out of bed, going with my dad and Louis to play golf. It was a tradition of theirs and they begged Niall to come with them.

Literally begged him.

My family had always been welcoming, but this was the first time I had actually been nervous about them meeting someone I was friends with.

Niall had texted me a couple pictures from the golf course while I was with my mom and Hayley, all of us spending the day getting last minute things for Louis and for Christmas in general.

The plan so far was that I would go to the restaurant with Hayley and my mom, then the guys would all meet us there. Louis was going to drop off Niall so he could shower at the hotel, going back to pick him up since our hotel was on the way to the restaurant.

When I woke up this morning, I wanted to stay buried in Niall's arms for as long as possible. One of us moved in the middle of the night, whether it was Niall or me, I'm not quite sure. All I know is the way his arm felt pulling my body closer to his, as my arm was draped over his stomach, made me feel good.. Made me feel like that's where I belonged, easily the quickest I'd ever fallen back asleep in my life.

"The guys should be here soon, do you want anything to drink?" Theo asked bringing me out of my daydream as he looked over the bar menu that was placed on the table

I narrowed my eyes at him, waiting for him to remember. "Oh duh, I'll get you an old fashioned."

"Thank youuuu, you're the best."

I watched as he got up and made his way to the bar, getting drinks for those of us at the table. A few of Louis' other friends were here, all sitting around the table engaging in conversations as we waited for them to get here.

Yeah, I was ready for Louis to get here...

But I want Niall.

I'm ready for Niall to get here.

"I love this shirt, where'd you get it?" Hayley had a margarita in her hand, gesturing towards the navy blue silk top I was wearing. It had thin straps and the neckline offered just the perfect amount of cleavage.

"Oh, shit." I looked down at it, trying to remember where I had gotten it. "I think I got it at Target, I know for sure I got the cardigan there." I gestured toward the cardigan that was draped over the back of my chair, the cream color perfectly going with the navy top and my black jeans.

She hummed, taking a drink. "Love Target. I hate it at the same time though because if I'm not traveling, the nearest one to me is like twenty minutes."

Getting ready to respond to her, I happened to look up at the same time the cerulean eyed brunette walked through the front entrance to the establishment, making it impossible to focus on anything but him.

Fuck. Me.

Wearing some simple black pants and a black button up, he left the top couple of buttons undone revealing the top of a white undershirt and just the smallest bit of chest hair, not to mention the gold coin pendant fastened around his neck, catching the light perfectly as he walked towards the table.

I ignored the way it made my stomach feel, crossing my legs underneath the table as his eyes connected with mine from across the room, a flush instantly creeping across my cheeks.