SIXTEEN

Niall

Chills erupt across my body as I step out of the warm club, even through the material of this ridiculous ass cow costumes. I hurried to the curb trying to hail a cab to get me as far away from the temptress that I left behind under the glowing pink and purple lights.

I had to leave, there was no way I would be able to stay there with Rigby.

I knew as soon as her lips touched mine that there was no going back for me, that I would let her ruin me if that's what she chose to do.

Not to mention the way her body felt against mine. Fire spread throughout my body when I felt her press against me, not to mention when her hand felt the bulge in my pants, the way it was delicate yet lust driven at the same time was enough to bring me to my knees and beg for whatever she would give me.

Usually I wouldn't ever let myself drink so much. Yeah, of course I have nights where I'll drink until the glasses are all empty and stay out late, only to wake up the next day and want to marry my bed to avoid the hangover, but those nights were few and far between at this point in my life. It's just for whatever reason I didn't find myself wanting to do that very often, usually trying to be a little more reserved.

With Rigby though, I didn't feel any inhibitions about being able to let go around her.

Clearly.

Pulling open the door handle to the cab that had stopped in front of me, I climbed in the backseat and rattled off my address, focusing my vision on the blurred street lights as we passed them.

I didn't want to be alone in the back of this cab, knowing I'd rather have the vivacious brunette with stunning green eyes next to me and it was taking everything in me not to tell the driver to turn around go back so that I could wrap my arms around her and tell her she's all that I wanted.

In the midst of my inner turmoil we arrived at my place. I reached into the inner pocket of this fucking cow onesie and pulled out some cash and just shoved it into the hands of the driver — thanking him before getting out and making it up the steps.

Being in my own space felt sobering, like I hadn't even had a single drink all night. I felt less claustrophobic than I did when the weight of my actions with Rigby caught up with me in the club.

Trust me when I say there is nothing more I would love to do than to take her home — her place or mine, I truly would not care — but I can't do that.

Not when both of us had been drinking. If I ever did get the chance to feel her in ways I had only dreamed of it would be stone cold sober. I want to remember every detail, every freckle.

Fuck anyone who has ever made a move on anyone who was intoxicated. Just like the guy that got kicked out by the bouncer after I reported him, the guy who touched Rigby not once but twice without her permission.

Just thinking about it makes the blood boil through my body all over again.

When Harry and I walked into Foxy's, it was like she was a magnet to my soul, instantly finding her. She looked so damn good I had to force my thoughts away from the gentle curves of her body and the way her supple skin reflected the lights as they danced across her perfect body.

Making my way towards her, I saw the blonde jackass come up to her and put his hands on her, the look of anger and confusion clear across her face, watching as she turned and denied him before going back to dancing with June.

My feet didn't seem to be moving fast enough as I tried to get to her and ignore all the people that were trying to stop me and ask about my cow costume. I wasn't going to wear it, but I thought about how goofy Rigby's personality was and wanted to see if I could make her laugh, to see the way her nose scrunched up in the slightest as small lines appeared near her eyes in tandem.