TWENTY THREE

Niall

"Niall, are you sure you're okay with this? We can check and see if any other hotels nearby have availability?"

Rigby's voice is clear in my mind, but my brain is for sure short circuiting.

Sharing a bed with her for the next four nights is totally fine.

I'm fine. It's fine.

I know we slept in the same bed the night after she had her wisdom teeth removed, but that was different. Totally different. I was already so fucking nervous about this entire trip, there was no way I was going to be able to survive sleeping in the same bed as her. Maybe there would be a couch of some sort I could sleep on, that would work, right?

"Yeah, uh. I'm fine." Doing my best to send her a reassuring smile I willed my heartbeat to calm itself, the last thing I need is to have a heart attack right here.

Although I wouldn't mind some mouth to mouth.

Somehow Rigby was calm, cool as a cucumber. How the hell she's always so level headed I'll literally never know. I'd only seen her lose her temper once, on Halloween, which was enough for me to never want to see it happen again or be the cause of it.

It was only a few more minutes before the lady behind the desk was pushing over two card envelopes, each one with our room key inside, apologizing again and telling us to enjoy our stay. The way to the elevator was eerily quiet between the two of us, the playful nature we created in the car and the way up to the front desk had completely disappeared.

Rigby was biting on her lower lip, something I learned she only did when she was stressed or nervous, as she ran her thumb back and forth across the key card in her hand. As soon as the doors to the elevator opened she was out of the door headed down towards our room without a word.

Following behind her I told myself not to look at her ass, but damn did she look so good dressed down. Something about the way she never seemed to care about putting on a show for other people was more attractive than any expensive piece of clothing she could find.

"Well, this is us." She stopped in front of a door, holding the key card against the door handle and waited for the light to turn green, the sound of the lock sliding back filling the silence between us before pushing the door open and stepping inside.

Like most hotel rooms, the bed stood in the middle covered in a plush, white duvet with pillows stacked up against the headboard. Dark, wooden nightstands stood on each side, each with a modern black metal lamp on top. Of course there was a television on top of a dresser, a small desk, and a black velvet armchairto complete the room.

No sofa to be found.

Motherfucker.

"I know I should unpack, like a normal person, but I really just want to live out of my suitcase." Rigby was the first to break the silence, her suitcase sitting on the floor as she opened it. "Usually I do, that way I don't feel so out of sorts."

"I'm the same way, hate feeling like I'm digging through stuff and wrinkling everything." I chuckled, looking over at her as she grabbed her toiletry bag. "You know I'm a neat freak, so.. There's that."

A smile finally made its way across her beautiful fucking face, making my heart race at the sight. God, I could look at her all day if she would let me. "Oh, I'm aware."

"Hey!" I scoffed, feigning an insulted tone. "At least it's better than the opposite, no?" Opening my suitcase I reached for the speaker I had tucked in there last minute before I left my apartment. "You okay with some music?"