3 - He made me blush

Start from the beginning

Our SUV turned into a very upper class area. The houses were not houses but instead mansions. They were also quite far apart from one another to allow privacy and to accommodate the large front lawns. The tall steel gates at the entrance of one mansion were promptly opened up and our car traveled  all the way towards the front door.

The warm air hit my face as I stepped out from the car but I still couldn't help but shudder. KC walked behind me as did several other guards. Father threw his cigarette to the ground and put it out. He was an uncaring vile creature. He led the way to the front door and I held my head up in attempts to hide my anxiety. Shit I've never felt like this before. What the fuck was wrong with me. He's probably a bastard.

Upon knocking on the oak door, we were greeted by a petite brunette and a tall broad shouldered man. Father smiled as he shook the mans hand. I'm guessing these are the parents. Father nodded towards me. "This is my daughter. Alessia Ferrari. She runs the Italian mafia." They didn't see the spite in his words but I did.

Suddenly, all eyes were on me. Father never introduced himself which begs me to believe that he knew these people. The lady smiled as she looked me over. Her husband was the first to speak. "Hello Alessia, I am Tony Hernandez and this is my wife Grace." He introduced as he slightly lowered his rough voice. He placed an arm around Grace's waist and I didn't miss the subtle way Grace's first instinct was to pull away. 

I offered a small smile as I kept my mouth shut. I saw a young man leaning against the wall behind Tony and Grace. His posture indicated his reluctance of being here. I eyed up the tall man as he walked over to the door. He held out a hand and smiled, seeming quite friendly. "Hello Miss Ferrari, I am Kaden Hernandez." I shook his hand as I admired the various rings his fingers wore. "Hello." I replied.

"This is my youngest son, Kaden, he is twenty. The elder is your fiancé." Tony said as he watched me. Fiancé. The foreign word danced through my mind and shocked me once more as I realised my fate. Fuck. I wanted to run but I can't.

I again politely smiled and Tony led us all inside to a dining room. They must think I'm shy or quiet but I didn't care. They would soon find out about my big mouth which spoke the truth. The room was large and beautifully decorated. We were served dinner on china plates and had a selection of three different vintage wines to drink. I only drank a glass as I needed to stay sharp, this wasn't the time or place to get drunk. Father was in the midst of a dull conversation with Tony and Grace. I somehow felt disappointed that Ace was nowhere to be seen.

This was his house after all and he couldn't be bothered to attend dinner with guests. For all I knew he could be hiding upstairs like the idiot he was. At least I found out that he's only twenty five and judging by what his brother looks like, he should be decent enough.

I looked over at Kaden whom I've enjoyed talking to this evening. His dark hair was long to his ears and neatly combed back although it was getting messier with time. He had a sharp jawline and was neatly shaven. His dark brows and eyes held a certain boyish charm. Kaden seemed to smile an awful lot and it suited him.

"My brother is not a bad guy but he can be an idiot at times. I do apologise on his behalf." Kaden said as he sipped his wine. I smiled at his honesty. "I'm just disappointed he didn't even show up for this dinner." I licked my lips now feeling less anxious.

"I will find him and make him clean up his act. Because you Alessia, will be the best thing to ever happen to him." He nodded his head knowingly. I smirked. "You know how to make a girl blush. Tell me do you have a girlfriend? Wife?" I asked him.

He smiled lazily and used a napkin to wipe his mouth. "None unfortunately." I dropped down my fork as I tilted my head at him. "Why not?" I asked. He seemed like a very nice young man. Women would be foolish to let him escape.