Chapter 34 | Halfway Platonic Friendship?

***Adriana Anderson POV***

Our bodies were hurtling through the open sky as the wind forced against us, making us turn up and down continuously without any control over our movements as we plummeted towards the fields below us, the distance between us closing rapidly.

My heart skipped a bit as I caught a glimpse of the ground just a couple of hundred meters below me, my mind spinning up and down as my view constantly switched between Alex, the fire that surrounded the plane and the hard ground that was going to kill me.

I instinctively grabbed Alex's hand, locking it tightly with mine as we neared the ground at an unimaginable speed. The view in front of me changed as Alex was frozen with terror, my blood running cold as I braced myself for something that I had never done before.

Chránit

My vision blurred as the tip of my fingers tingled, a green shield - the hue radiating from the edges - protected us as we made contact with the ground, our bodies thrown several feet away from each other as we grunted from the impact, the groans of pains escaping from our lips.

The stabs of pain shot up and down my body as I laid on my back, the uneven surface pushing against my skin as the roughness of it was painful, my chest heaving up and down. My entire body shook from the near-death experience, but, it was granted to happen when you fell over a thousand feet from the sky.

I took in a mouthful of air, the dust enveloping me as the ground was left with a trail of our bodies, the bright sun shining down on us as its warmth provided the bare minimum comfort. I was tempted to scream at Alex, to yell at him for his recklessness, but, I didn't have the strength to do so.

I lifted myself up from the parched ground, coughing loudly as I waved my hand in front of my face, forcing the veil of dust away as I placed my other hand on my shaking leg. I slightly bent forward, wrapping my fingers around my ankle as the motion sent a wave of pain up my leg.

"Alex?" I whimpered out, my voice low as I turned my head in every direction to look for his figure

After I didn't receive a response from him, I brought my leg closer to my body, my lips sealed into a thin line as I moaned out from the pain that was rising with every second going by. The pad of my thumb rested against the bone that was popping out of my skin, the area around it blue and bruised as the sounds rose deep from within my chest.

Deciding to bite the bullet, I pushed against the bone, forcing it back into its natural position as I yelped out in pain. I pushed further, a low crack reaching my ears as I breathed a sigh of relief. I rested my eyes, my fingers trembling as they rested against the bruised skin, the rays of the bright sun reaching the back of my neck as my head hung lowly.

"Alex, are you okay?" I called out once again, receiving a low groan in response

A pair of footsteps came running towards me, their knees dropping to the ground as their dark shadow provided a wave of coldness from the scorching hot sun. I knew it was Alex, his fingers making contact with the bruised skin as our eyes met, mine burning with the urge to snap his neck.

"I hate you-"

I was cut off by the earsplitting boom from fields away as the plane collided against the ground, a mushroom cloud forming in front of the curve of the sky. The surrounding ground was caught on fire, the thick fumes spreading out rapidly as the stench of it could be smelt from miles away.

"We need to get out of here." Alex spoke, grabbing my wrist before hauling me up

My head throbbed with pain, a distinct ringing forming in my ears as my body gently swayed against the force of the low wind. I was going to protest, to stop Alex. He and I had fallen thousands of feet from the sky, and I didn't have the strength to stand up on my legs.