Chapter 5 | Note To Self - Don't Do It

***Adriana Anderson POV***

I took in the sight of the vegetarian lasagne in the oven, which was cooking slowly. I had been sitting on the kitchen counter for the past 10 minutes, waiting for the lasagne to cook like a little child. I liked lasagne, it was good, but even better when Hermione made it. She had taken culinary classes as her elective for our sixth year at the boarding school, so she could probably make anything.

"Is it done?" I asked Hermione who was scrolling on her phone, her face illuminating with a blue glow

"No." She replied, mumbling as her thumb stopped moving, and her eyes began moving left and right

"Reading a message from your girlfriend?"

Her cheeks flushed a light pink as her eyes widened, her body becoming stiff as she froze up. Even after 2 years, Hermione still blushed whenever I asked about her girlfriend, Jenna. The way her eyes began twinkling like stars as her breath became uneven, her heart thumping loudly in her chest; it was entertaining to watch her.

"Yeah." She responded, going back to looking at her phone

She bit her bottom lip, a smile creeping onto her face as the pad of her thumbs typed away. Their relationship was pretty cute, too cute. But sometimes I couldn't help but think, are they really like this? Feeding each other, going on dates every other weekend, buying each other flowers and chocolates and leaving special notes for each other.

At first, I refused to accept they were really like this, but then I understood it. I was jealous. Not of their relationship, but of Jenna and Hermione spending so much time with each other, especially since Hermione and I had known each other since the first day of school.

Hermione was the first person I was friends with even before I stepped into the threshold of the school. I remember the entrance ceremony when she came running at me, asking me if I was in her class. Why did she ask me of all the 100 students? There were like 99 other students she could've gone to, but she still picked me.

When I asked her about it, she said that she wanted to be my friend. I was reluctant at first. Whilst she talked the entire time during our breaks, I sat there annoyed at her. She talked a lot, mostly ranting and complaining about her classes and how she couldn't wait to be a senior.

But, after 1 specific term break, I remember missing her, a lot. And when we came back, it was like I was a different person. I laughed and talked more than usual. In the end, she made me realise I had a goofy side.

But because I had a goofy side, she assumed I was more outgoing now. She would drag me to parties, forcing me to go shopping with her. I didn't like shopping for clothes, hence why I only have a limited amount of clothes.

So, what was Hermione's solution to that? Bribing me with food. She would buy me food from time to time, and whilst I stood there eating, she shopped for clothes and jewellery. That scheme of hers always worked.

"Is it ready now?" I asked, almost begging to get her attention

"Almost."

I got that Jenna and Hermione were now together, but, I felt jealous of how much time they spent with each other. It wasn't my spot to be jealous of them, it wasn't right. But, I began feeling lonely from time to time, which Katherine would always notice.

She would try her best to cheer me up. But, she wasn't Hermione. One time I told her to stop trying to act like Hermione to make me happy, but then I realised I had snapped at her and made her upset. I had apologised later on, but I still felt guilty about it.

Now that Katherine was gone, I was left with Hermione and Dexter. It was like we had fallen apart. Katherine was the glue keeping our little group together, but without her, we had come tumbling down.