Chapter 4 | This Is Why I Don't Socialise

A/N: Hey guys! Since you guys decided to stick around till chapter 5 ( hopefully it's chapter 5 ) I figured I'd stop by and say to not forget to vote and comment on whether you liked it, if there should be any improvements, or leave a suggestion or opinion. Enjoy the rest of the book!
—————————————————————

The next day, Anderson manor, The Netherlands, outskirts of Naarden, 2 hours from Bureau of Supernatural Beings

***Aiden Sullivan POV***

I groaned, the bright sunlight slipping through the thick, dark curtains that led to the balcony. The rays of the sun were blinding as they hit my closed eyes, forcing me out of my sleep. I shuffled to go back into the darkness of the room. That was before I realised what had happened last night. I felt like I was going to die, or at least I think I was about to.

My eyes snapped open, landing on the empty side of the bed as they adjusted to the natural light. I was still in Adriana's room. Everything that happened yesterday didn't feel real, partly because it all happened too fast.

A part of me was happy, happy that I was out of that hellhole, but I think another part of me felt strongly guilty about the fact that I was with Adriana now.

I shut my eyes tight, balling my fists as I prepared myself to flip over to get comfortable under the sheets, bracing for the sharp pain that was going to hit me any second now. But, it never came.

I laid there, bewildered, too afraid to touch my bruised skin. It felt like a dream, where there was no pain, and I was afraid that if I touched my bruises and cuts my dream would cut off and bring me back to reality.

That's when I noticed the empty clear bottle on the nightstand, scanning it as I read the words on it; Accelerated healing elixir. A healing elixir did exist within our world, but not one that was labelled that.

A normal healing elixir took around 48 hours to heal all serious injuries, including the ones inflicted on me; my broken ribs and deep cuts. But this one healed all my wounds overnight.

No, it wasn't overnight. I looked at the clock behind the elixir bottle, the time reading 12:40 PM. I had been asleep for almost 18 hours. And they were the best hours of my life. I smiled a little to myself, in satisfaction, as any signs of my skin being covered with bruises and cuts were gone. It felt nice.

I should get out of bed

I sat up, the cosy velvet blanket wrapped around my legs. I noticed the empty side of the bed once again. Adriana wasn't here. She probably slept in a different room. I pushed back my sticky, tangled hair, slightly touching the previously cut skin on my cheekbone. The cut was gone, and so was the bandage. I actually looked and felt like a normal person rather than a beat-up one.

I noticed a clean folded shirt on the edge of the bed, tangled up in my feet. I picked it up, slipping it onto my body, leaving the top 2 buttons opened as I couldn't be bothered to do them, revealing my bare chest.

I sighed heavily, closing my eyes whilst I shifted on the bed, bringing my warm feet to touch the cold ground. The sudden coldness sent a shiver up and down my body, and that's when I noticed her, laying perfectly on the couch.

My eyes became fixated on Adriana who was deep asleep, resting comfortably on the black couch, her pink blazer covering her bare feet and legs, her turtleneck shirt stuck to her body like a second skin.

She didn't look the same as last night. Her half up-do was now slightly loose, and her baby hair stuck out, her brows furrowed in her sleep as I heard a soft sound from her now and then. Her pristine, ivory skin was spotless as her head rested on the soft, velvet cushion, facing towards me.