Chapter 32 | Fear, Terror, Horror; The Next Big 3

The next day, en route to Austria

***Adriana Anderson POV***

I sighed for the millionth time in the past hour, my eyes shut tight as the light from the small oval-shaped windows infiltrated the luxurious private jet. The low humming of the multiple engines seemed to provide the comfort I wanted, but, not the comfort I needed which I felt in Aiden's warm embrace.

I said goodbye to him

The thought of leaving him behind was stuck at the front of my mind, his blue eyes prying on me until the jet's door shut tight before flying off into the blue sky. I still felt him, his warmth resting against the ice skin of mine as his soft lips kissed me for the last time.

This wasn't how it was meant to be. I wasn't meant to be leaving Aiden for Kristopher. I wasn't meant to be sitting in this tin can with the person I most despised: Alexander Karlsten. This dream that I had with Aiden came crashing down the second the plane took off. There was no going back now.

"Everything ok?" Alex's deep, muffled voice drew my attention to him

"You know nothing is ok." I mumbled under my breath, the knuckle of my hand resting against my chin as I peered into the deep void through the window

I shifted in my white leather seat uncomfortably, my tight jeans wrapped around my legs like a snake to its prey, my chest rising up and down heavily as my blocked ears added more to the discomfort. The bile in my chest formed, making me gag lowly as I clutched the armrest under my grasp.

"Alex-"

I was cut off by the loud ripping sound that echoed down the jet, Alex's heavy footsteps closing the distance between us quickly as he held out his hand, a small, orange-like tube in the centre of his palm as he moved it further in my direction.

"Put an earplug in one ear. It helps with motion sickness. It always worked for Katherine." He informed, his voice low and gentle at the mention of Katherine

I grabbed the earplug from his hand, shoving it in my ear as I rested my head against the headrest, closing my eyes shut as the blockage in my ears soon began fading away. This had never happened before. I had been travelling most of my life, but not once did I feel nauseous. What if I was pregnant?

"Worried you're pregnant? That's what happens when you don't do it safe." Alex smirked, slumping in the seat in front of me

"Shut up, Alex. Hybrids can't get pregnant." I retorted, glaring at him

"Besides, if I was the test would show it."

"Oh, so we've already done the test? What's next? An ultrasound?" He spoke, a hint of amusement slipping from his voice as his eyes lit up

I scoffed in annoyance, rolling my eyes as I looked through the window and down at the pale white cloud, the large empty fields going by beneath us as a stream or two appeared now and then. Everything looked so beautiful from up here, so small, but that was the beauty of it.

Somewhere, down on that ground, were Hermione and Paige driving to Milan to channel the magic they required to locate the blood-stone. It wasn't that I didn't trust Alex, a small part of me did, but I needed some leverage if things went south.

The hint of annoyance that slipped from me now and then was visible, even to me. I was troubled when Alex said he knew that the blood-stone was in Austria, but not its exact location. It was as if he only knew half the information about everything.

"You know I'm tempted to ask why you told only Hermione and Paige?" Alex spoke, breaking the extended silence as the low humming of the engine slowed down