Chapter 10 | 2190 Days

Anderson Boarding School

***Adriana Anderson POV***

The plane had landed at the airport a while ago, and Hermione and I had driven to the boarding school where the graduation ceremony was going to be held. All had gone perfectly that day. The ceremony had gone by quickly, taking up just an hour of our time before the room erupted in cheers.

Hermione, Jenna and I had enjoyed the ceremony, along with our other classmates. Yet, some people decided to ignore the special day and gossip about me. I saw the looks they gave me when I went up on that stage to collect my diploma. A majority of the students pitied me for what happened, but a few hated me for what I did; getting Katherine killed by Aiden and drawing him to me at her memorial.

But, I knew what I was getting myself into when I decided to come back to school rather than repeating the year. It wasn't easy. Everywhere I went, people whispered about me, spreading rumours. The worst one was that I had done it all on purpose to get attention. It was absurd and not to mention insensitive. Why would I get my best friend killed to draw attention?

The other kids didn't know the truth, and I couldn't tell them to get them to stop talking about me. It was nerve-wracking and uncomfortable to see people stare at me, even though I tried my best to ignore them.

As the students were making their way to the cafeteria, I stayed behind in the auditorium, saying goodbye to Hermione and Jenna and all my other classmates. Earlier I had noticed The Director was behaving strangely, almost suspicious, and when one of the teachers told the students to go to the cafeteria he shook his head in my direction.

I didn't know what was going on, but I did what The Director told me to do. It's not like I had any other choice than to stay behind. I pushed myself up from the retractable chairs, my heels pressing again the carpet floor as I walked to the front rows.

"What's going on?" I gulped, sitting down on one of the seats

"I need to talk to you." He answered, his deep voice booming in the empty room as he sat down on the chair, putting a gap of one seat between us

The Director had taken off the black blazer that he wore at the ceremony, revealing his white tucked in shirt with black pants and metal buckle slip on formal shoes. The Director had a muscular build, his ocean blue eyes were always half-closed which caused a lot of younger students to be terrified of him.

"What is it?" I asked, nervously, my heart palpitating in my chest

"As you know, the initiation for the construction of the second boarding school has been finalised. In about 3 years it will be completed, and almost 250 students will be transferred to Switzerland." He informed

The Anderson Boarding school was overpopulating, that was the main reason why the second boarding school was being built. When originally built, it could hold over 300 students, provide the necessary resources for them to stay here. But now, roughly 500 students were living in the school.

Even with us graduates leaving, which were around 100, twice the number of students will enter the boarding school. The spacious dormitories were now crowded with the huge enrolment number 4 years ago and sooner or later the resources were going to become scarce.

"What are you saying?" I asked, calmly

"I want you to be the director for the second boarding school." He answered

Every muscle in my body refused to move, my having slightly hanging open as I tried to process what he just said. I couldn't be a director. As much as I hated to admit it, I wasn't really in the right mind to run a school.