Chapter o8: Still

Start from the beginning

That breaks my heart more that it should. So, I turned around.

I started walking away when suddenly I heard his footsteps. 

Is he following me behind?

I shouldn't look back. I couldn't afford to face him again or else I might break down.

 I walked faster and all of a sudden I froze on the spot when he suddenly pulled my waist closer and hugged me from behind. 

 "T-Tae?"

"Chi." He hollered. 

I whimpered as I heard him call me. In the way his voice sounded, it seems like he was crying, too.

"Tae, we can't do this." I softly uttered, caressing his arms around my waist. That made him tightened his grip on me.

He asked, broke. "Why can't we just be together, hm?"

I sniffed hard as I slowly take a hold of his hands and tried to pulled it out of my waist but he just won't budge. 

"You have Joy." I stated, my voice cracked.

He made me face him. And right there and then, he admitted his true feelings. "But I still love you."

"Y-you still do?" I couldn't believe what I'm hearing right now. 

He really said it.

He still loves me.

"Please tell me you still feel the s-same way." 

"I-" I looked away. 

"Jisoo, please look me into my eyes and tell me," He stated. "You still love me, right?"

The night was cold but we were both feeling warm because of each other's vulnerability. We exposed each other's mind and heart. We walked to the highest point, then turned to face each other. 

Together.

I met his gaze. "Yes, I still do."

And in that very moment, marked as the starting line of how we both risked it all.

***

"Jisoo?"

"Jisoo, are you listening?"

"Yah! Kim Jisoo!" 

"WHAT?!" I shouted back more loudly than it should, standing up at the same time. I was taken aback when I finally came back to reality. I realized we're in the cafeteria already eating our lunch.

I let out a nervous laugh and bow to apologize on my behavior to a few ones who seems to be quite surprised at my sudden yelping. Some even looked at me, weird out.

Namjoon just laughed at my flustered state while Bona looked at me in disgust. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked.

"You seems to be out of it." She said. I deeply sighed, still embarrassed.

"Still love you," His voice echoed in my mind.

I groaned. 

Oh my, God! This can't be happening. What the fuck did I just do? Why did I confess to him last night? Why did I admit it?

I messed my hair out of frustration. And when I felt like it wasn't enough, I started hitting head in the table.

"That's it. We have lost her, everybody." Bona stated. She threw her chopstick in the table. "She's finally becoming crazy."

Namjoon chuckled. "Jisoo, you will be missed."

I looked up from the table and pouted. "You guys are so mean."