•Chapter 20: The Best Ending.•

Gregory practically ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell went off, he had to meet up with Gabriel so they can met up with Michael at the usual spot.
Sure enough as Gregory got outside, he saw Gabriel waving at him so he jogged over,"Gabriel!", "Hi!", Gregory came to a halt,"How was it?", "Odd to be back at school, no one suspected a thing but yeah.", Gregory nods, understanding that being back at school must be so odd for Gabriel but hey, least they don't suspect anything.
A red car pulls up and Michael rolled down the window,"Hop on.", Gabriel and Gregory got in the back seats and Michael drove as soon as their seat belts were on.
"So, how was school?", "Life draining.", Michael nods,"Mhm. I know kids, but because of the law we kind of have to send you to school.", Gabriel nods, just curling up in the car seat and planning to just have a nap right there and then.
Gregory smiled at Michael as he drove them home, it had been months since the incident at the Pizza Plex and it was still something they talked about as there was still a lot of unanswered questions and Michael and Gabriel answered what they could.
In court, the company tried to get money out of us for the damages but once the court saw the robots were attacking us they had to pay thousands or even millions of dollars to not only them but all the people that were a victim that night.
Say to safe that the company will not start up another ides like that for another while.
Michael pulled up to their house,"Here we are!", Gregory jumped out and Gabriel followed obviously tired of school and Michael followed after he locked the car door.

~

Vanessa scanned the menu,"Chipy or Chinese?", "Chinese!", she nods and picks up the phone to order their food.
Gabriel and Gregory left to go change into their PJs, Michael came over as Vanessa finished,"Food in 15 minutes?", "Yep.", Vanessa put the phone down and sighed with relief.
. . .
"Michael, you think he'll be back?", Michael turned to Vanessa,"Not sure, but if he does ever come back I'll be there to stop him.", Vanessa admired his determination.

=

That night they all enjoyed Chinese food as they watched TV.
Michael knew his dad will return for another round, but this time he will be more than ready and enjoy the peace while he can.
Besides, he was working on something for Gabriel so he doesn't have to relay on a form forever as he can't shift into an older version of himself which is a shame.
But Michael was happy, and he wouldn't be anything like William and make up for what he did to Evan.