✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After

Start from the beginning

"Hey you said it, not me." Kadence teased, "But it wouldn't matter though I don't live here anymore."

Amir nodded, "I know."

Kadence's eyebrow spiked.

"That came out wrong." He threw his hands up, "Funny thing, the girl I'm seeing just moved into your old unit so that's how I know."

It was Kadence's turn to chuckle, "That is funny and a little creepy but mostly funny either way umm I hope she loves it as much as I did."

"Won't shut up about it."

Kadence shrugged, "She clearly has immaculate taste."

Amir rubbed his head awkwardly, "So umm how have you been?" I hear you're gonna be on tv soon."

"Tonight actually. I'm a coach on NBC'S Revolution of Dance."

Amir smiled, "Look at you out here doing big things."

"I'm lit right."

"Yeah you're lit KD." He smiled

"I know." Kadence smiled back at him, "But thank you."

Amir nodded, "Honestly I don't know if me saying this means anything but I'm super proud of you KD. You did all of the ground work and you came out on top. That's tough."

"Thanks Mir. I really appreciate that."

As silence ensued Kadence looked down at her watch. She had indeed been in the building too long and although Sienna wasn't blowing her up she knew it was only a matter of time before she started.

"I hate to cut this short Mir but I really have to go."

Amir scratched his head, "Well before you go let me just apologize about how everything went down between us. I wasn't a very good friend to you and you didn't deserve that."

Kadence shook her head, "No hard feelings. I think we both ended up right where we belong."

He nodded, "Good luck to you KD and don't be a stranger."

"Didn't you hear, I'm kind of a celebrity now. I can totally be a stranger."

Amir laughed, "It's good to see the best parts of you are still the same."

Kadence chuckled, "Bye Mir."

"See you later KD." Amir waved, "Oh and tell your man he's got a certified classic on his hands."

Kadence smiled once again before rushing out of the building and straight for Sienna's car. She was in such a rush that she hadn't even noticed the person leaning up against the car behind Sienna's until it was too late.

Kadence groaned, "Today must really be my lucky day."

"I guess, no I know I deserve that."

Kadence crossed her arms, "What are you doing here mom?"

"Your dad told me you'd be here dropping off your key."

"And you decided to pop up?"

"Well I don't have your new address so it's the only way I could see you."

"I have a phone."

"Would you really have answered?"

Kadence stayed silent because she knew she'd avoid a call from her mother like the plague.

"Look I'm not sure why you're here but I really have to go. I have a lot to get done today and fortunately for me arguing with you isn't on that list. Get home safe."