CHAPTER 28: DRAG ME DOWN

All my life, you stood by me

When no one else was ever behind me

All these lights, they can't blind me

With your love, nobody can drag me down

ONE DIRECTION

Reaching the hallway in front of keiji's room, y/n starts to get nervous ruminating on how she should confront keiji's parent

Reaching the hallway in front of keiji's room, y/n starts to get nervous ruminating on how she should confront keiji's parent. They sure look more intimidating, given the status they hold. She now understands clearly why keiji never dare to defend himself against them. 

"So, can you tell us what's your relationship with our son?" Y/n contemplates whether she should tell them the truth. After a few seconds, she felt a rush of confidence surged into her body, if she wants to move forward, she has to be brave, for keiji's sake. If there's no one dares to stand for him, then she should be the one to do it, 

"I'm keiji's girlfriend" she answers sternly, without any trembles despite her heart is racing. 

"So, you plays the most important part on why keiji's been like this?" kazuyo asks with a more stern voice, reminding her where she stood.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean?" y/n is a bit lost listening to his question. 

"Keiji has been dilly dallying lately on his studies, which lead to how his results come out worse on the last examination. We, as his parent only wants the best for him" 

"What with me being his girlfriend has something to do with this?" y/n could see where this conversation's flow going to, but she still wants to listen from his parents point of view clearly.

"Don't you get it? You gave a bad influence to him. Your relationship only drag him down to the point he is slacking in his studies. Leading to him having to put an all-nighters to cover up the time when he's suppose to be studying, instead he's playing around with you. So, i would say that he is in this state because of you" 

Y/n blinks her eyes after getting that cold responds. She didn't believe that keiji's parents would put all the blame on her. 

"If you care enough, just break up with him. He did so well before, but after knowing you, everything has changed to the worst!" this time, keiko chimes in to the conversation. 

Everyone knows it's not the truth. Y/n knows his parents put all blame on her so that they don't have to feel that they are a bad parent. Keiji's parents know that this girl in front of them only bring happiness in their son's life, but their sense of self-pride keep telling them to cast her away, not wanting to accept the fact that they are the main reason why their son is bedridden right now.