CHAPTER 21: SPARKS

My heart is yours

It's you that I hold on to

Yeah, that's what I do

COLDPLAY

The next day, y/n can't contain her horrified look when she sees keiji as soon she enters the gym for morning practice

The next day, y/n can't contain her horrified look when she sees keiji as soon she enters the gym for morning practice. His eyes are so red and puffy, and there's eyebags under his eyes too. Then, y/n remembers, every time it is near to examination week, keiji would look more tired than usual. It doesn't help at all if there's a match nearing, and this time it's nationals. It will make him even more tired than he actually is. 

Keiji on the other hands, trying his best to look as normal as ever. He can't even look at his teammates in the eyes. He still talks to them, but not as much as he usually do. And he never locks eyes with y/n at all. Keiji does help koutaro when he's down, however, that was it. The only interaction he made with his teammates was only when they play, such as calling their names to pass the ball.

When y/n asks him if he's okay, he will dismisses her and say there's nothing to worry about.

"Keiji, aren't you going to eat lunch?" Y/n asked after seeing he didn't touch the lunch box she made for him. Y/n decides to have a lunch with keiji in their class today as she sees that her lover is not in the good mood.

"I made your favorites today" keiji keeps focusing on his book. 

"Come on, baby. Let's take a break for a while, you don't want to upset your tummy, right?" Keiji didn't even dare to look at y/n in the eyes, he knows if he does, he will crumbles immediately.

"You can go eat with others, l/n-san" y/n felt like her heart was being tore cruelly, this is the first time keiji talks to her directly today, and he calls her by her surname with an honorific. It's like everything back to square one, when they were in the first year. No, it's even worse, there's no more cheerful keiji, calling her with sweet names, and he didn't look at her face when talking anymore.

Y/n goes back to her seat, trying her best to understand his situation. Wondering whether she did something wrong. And she couldn't acknowledge it, Keiji left her home looking so happy after she gave her gifts for him yesterday. Everything seems to fall apart when he comes to school this morning. 

After she connecting the dots, she realizes how keiji never had fun like other teenagers would have, he always busy with extra classes especially during holidays, and he always has to go home early every time they are hanging out together. She never forget the fact he seems to always pushes his limits in studying. 

She gulps, doesn't want to believe it, she refuses to think about it at all, but there's only one thing that can make sense after all the information she listed, Akaashi Keiji's parents abuse him.

Published on: 10/1/2022