CHAPTER 9: YOU ARE THE REASON

There goes my heart beating

'Cause you are the reason

I'm losing my sleep

Please come back now

CALUM SCOTT

It is Saturday, today Keiji and y/n will be discussing on the project they were assigned earlier in the same week

It is Saturday, today Keiji and y/n will be discussing on the project they were assigned earlier in the same week. They decided to discuss at y/n's home, as her mother kept pestering her to introduce Keiji. Y/n now is panicking, anxious whether her room is messy, although she cleaned it three times already. "Get yourself together, y/n. Why are you so concerned?? It's just Akaashi, you've known each other long enough to not care if your room such in a mess. Why are you trying so hard to look presentable to him??" And just in time, the bell rings indicating Keiji's arrival.

Keiji's POV

He hopes this is the right house. He does follow the directions y/n gave him. There stood a small and modest house, but it looks so warm, indicating the people living there are always happy.

Suddenly, the door opened with y/n in her casual outfits. Keiji blushed as he's not so used to seeing y/n in other outfits other than their school uniforms or gym track. 

"Welcome, Akaashi, please make yourself at home" y/n gave him a warm smile, and he feels like he wants to hear her welcoming him home everyday.

"MOMMM AKAASHI IS HERE" and then come a middle aged woman from the kitchen with a huge smile on her face, Keiji took a note where y/n got the warm smile from.

"Ohhh! You didn't tell me you got yourself a really handsome boyfriend!!" both of them blushed at her mother's comment as soon as she look at Keiji. 

"Mom how many times do I have to say, he's just a friend. Don't make it awkward, he's here to discuss on our assignment" keiji could feel his heart broke hearing the phrase 'just a friend' coming from her mouth. He's confused as to why he felt like that, they are friends, aren't they?

"Hahaha yeah yeah sorry. Okay you may go to your room and do your work. I will bring tea and snacks later. Keiji, will you stay for lunch?" y/n looks at keiji with an expectant eyes, wanting Keiji to stay longer. 

"Yes. Thank you for inviting me" keiji could see y/n's face brighten as he accepted the offer.

"Great! Now off you go. Remember, no funny businesses!" the mom keeps teasing them.

"MOM!!!" y/n scolded her mom earning a laugh as a reply. Somehow, Keiji feels envy of this, it's not that he hate seeing y/n happy with her mom, he just feels like he wants to have a bond like this with his parents too.

"I'm sorry about my mom. She always embarasses me in front of my friends" y/n said as soon as they take a seat on the floor in the middle of y/n's room.