CHAPTER 5: JUST A FRIEND TO YOU

So it breaks my heart

When you say I'm just a friend to you

Cause friends don't do the things we do

Everybody knows you love me too

MEGHAN TRAINOR

Y/N'S POV

Y/N'S POV

Keiji seems more tired than usual today. Just today when they arrived school for morning practice, Y/N could saw how much Keiji wants it to end early so much. He even seems so hungry, when Y/N offered her onigiri to him, he eats it right away all three of them. She's not complaining at all, cause she could see how his cheeks becomes chubby and squishable everytime he chews the onigiri she made. He looks so precious, Y/N took a mental note to bring him food everyday. She won't mind at all, after all she does has to make a bento for the big baby too, as known as Bokuto Koutaro.

Just right after practice, lucky for them that the teachers has meeting regarding upcoming examinations. So, Keiji took this opportunity to take a nap before the next lesson. The school will be conducting a summer festival after having examinations week, just before summer break, and summer break means that there will be a training camp for the volleyball members.

As the girl representative of the class, Y/N took this time to discuss with her classmates on what they should do for the festival.

"What about maid cafe?" Haru, one of the classmates suggested. He also known as the 'pervert' of the class, suggesting while drooling imagining girls in maid costumes. 

"Nooo!! NOT MAID CAFE" Y/N protested, earning a 'tch' from the one who suggested. Actually she doesn't have anything against maid cafe, but she don't like the way she looks in the maid outfit. 

"Then, what are we gonna do? You know that this is a first come first serve, so there's not much of choices we have anymore, other classes has already picked to do a haunted house, karaoke, photo booth, and indoor games. We have to choose between cafe themes or play" Kazehaya, the male representative of the class voiced out his concern. 

"Hey!! Look at Akaashi-san, he's sleeping while all of us are brainstorming on the festival. That's unfair! Someone wake him up" one of the classmates shouted. 

"LEAVE HIM ALONE, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT HE'S TIRED?? WE CAN DISCUSS BY OURSELVES, DONT DISTURB HIM!!" Y/N immediately shouted to some of the classmates that already going to Keiji's place to wake him up. 

"BOOOO Y/N IS PLAYING FAVORITE!!" some of the classmates voiced their  unsatisfaction.

"NO I'M NOT" y/n defended herself.

"YES YOU ARE" 

"TCH, THEN YOU CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR THE FESTIVAL" 

"MAID CAFE THEN!!" Haru exclaimed trying his luck to get the approval of the class.

"HOORAYYYY!!!" all the boys shouted, clearly didn't want to hear the others suggestion. 

"Y'ALL IDIOTS FOR COLLEGE PREP STUDENTS" Y/N then goes back to her spot in the class, not wanting to argue anymore.

By the time she gets to her table, Keiji already woke up by the commotions made by their classmates. Hesitantly, Y/N raised her hand and fixed Keiji's hair softly 

"Already awake?" 

"Hmm" Keiji responded with a yawn.

Then, he took Y/N's hand. Confused, Y/N just let him do whatever he's doing. Keiji then traced y/n's fingers, started by her thumb. He plays with her fingers softly one by one and starts to rub her hand, feeling the comfort of her warmth. By that, y/n's face already as red as tomato and she screams internally. "What's he doing?? He's so cute AAAA I can't take it anymore!! I might got cardiac arrest!! Why is he doing this to me I might explode" Y/N took a deep breath to calm herself down.

 "What's he doing?? He's so cute AAAA I can't take it anymore!! I might got cardiac arrest!! Why is he doing this to me I might explode" Y/N took a deep breath to calm herself down

It's time for evening practice. Today will be the last day of practice before they take a break for preparing examinations and school's festival. The boys were divided into two teams, practicing spiking and receiving, with Keiji and another third year as setter for each team. Kaori and Yukie are taking notes on the boys' play, while y/n is inspecting if there's an injured player. She also does managerial tasks too, such as preparing their drink and towels.

Y/N kept a close eyes on Keiji, noticing he's still slacking in the evening practice too. In fact, he looks more drowsy. After one of the benchwarmers passed a ball to him, Keiji took a wrong step on his approach, making him falls right on the spot. Immediately, Y/N runs to Keiji. She inspected and saw a bruise already starting to form and his ankle was sprained by the way he fell. Then, Y/N took Keiji to a nearby bench, while others continue with the practice.

"What's on your mind, Akaashi-san?" While tending to Keiji's injury, Y/N starts asking the question that repeated on her head today. 

"Hmm??" Keiji looks confused.

"You seem really off today, Akaashi-san. What were you thinking about?" 

"...." 

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. But, please be careful during practice, Akaashi-san. I-, I mean, WE don't want you to get any injuries" 

"Why?" 

"What do you mean why?" 

"Why do you care??" 

Y/N tried her best to cover her blush, responded "Because, you are our precious setter" with a huge smile. 

Listening to her answer, Keiji immediately turns his face to the court to cover his red face. While Y/N immediately stood up to clean the first aid kit, thinking what kind of reason was that, beating herself for making a fool out of herself.

 While Y/N immediately stood up to clean the first aid kit, thinking what kind of reason was that, beating herself for making a fool out of herself

Published on: 19/12/2021