CHAPTER 3: SPARKS FLY

Get me with those green eyes, baby

As the lights go down

Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around

'Cause I see, sparks fly, when you smile

TAYLOR SWIFT

It has been 3 months since Y/N and Keiji became Fukurodani students

It has been 3 months since Y/N and Keiji became Fukurodani students. They have bonded with each other, and they seem to be good friends already. Only that Keiji really doesn't seem to show many of his expressions. Y/n also noticed that he has something that he hides from her. Which she just let it go, not wanting to pry on his personal life. But it also frustrates her as she feels like Keiji didn't trust her that much to show his emotions to her. Which lead to her making a goal to make him at least laugh to her jokes by the end of this month.

"Akaashi-san, does it hurt?" 

Keiji stopped from reading his notes, responding with "Hm? I believe that I have no injuries at all?" 

"Does it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Keiji blinked at her question. What kind of question was that? It's so cheesy, did she tried to make a joke? It was horrible. However Keiji really did feel butterflies roaming in his stomach after that. 

"Was that supposed to be a joke L/N-san? It was horrible. Please continue your study L/N-san."

 "Ughhh I'm so bored!! What's the point of studying so early when I will forget everything. I will just study right before the exam!!"

Keiji just shake his head and continues with his notes. Y/N blows her hair that falls on her face, trying to think of something that would make Keiji at least let out a small laugh. Although she never sees it, she believes that he does have a beautiful smile.

(Practice time)

(Practice time)

Today Fukurodani has a practice match against Nekoma. "YO BRO!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!" A boy with an interesting hairstyle, which Keiji assumed as one of Nekoma's player greeted Koutaro with a sly smile. "Oya? didn't know that your little cousin joined as manager too" 

"For a thousand times, Kuroo-san, I'm telling you, I'm not little!! You guys are just too tall, damn it" Y/N didn't bother to correct her position in the team.  

The boy which Keiji learned his name was Kuroo let out a unique series of laughter which startled the whole gym, a first year of Fukurodani player asked "What was that sound?" which earned a loud laugh from Y/N and Koutaro.

"Still with the weird laugh, Kuroo-san? I should really record it and set as an alarm to help me wake up easily" with that, Keiji let out a soft chuckle, which made Y/N look at him immediately, she was dazed. His chuckle was so soft, with a closed eyes, it looks so precious to Y/N, which make her swear to herself to do anything to protect that smile of him.

 His chuckle was so soft, with a closed eyes, it looks so precious to Y/N, which make her swear to herself to do anything to protect that smile of him

After practice, as usual, Fukurodani team will always make a trip to a convenience store for after practice snack. It was a way of bonding among the teammates, which Koutaro find it is important as to make themselves comfortable with each other.

During the journey to the store, Keiji walks alongside Y/N. The walk was calming, with each of them are admiring the sunset.

Sunset, Keiji saw Y/N's warmth as sunset. It's so comforting, with no blazing heat like the afternoon sun that could possibly burn you. The walk was rather comforting, without Keiji realizes, a soft smile was formed on his face. 

"Woahhh your smile is so beautiful!!" Y/N suddenly shouted after she saw Keiji's smile, which made every team members look at them straight away. This actions make Keiji to turn his head away to hide the blush that formed on his cheek. 

But Y/N still saw the red in his ears, "Hahahah you are so cute, Akaashi-san. You know, you don't have to hide your feelings at all.. you can laugh, smile, be angry or even be sad!!" 

Listening to Y/N's respond, Keiji retorted "but it's unnecessary, L/N-san. I'm not comfortable at showing my emotions. And I don't want to show my fragile side to anyone" the last sentence comes out muffled, as Keiji didn't meant to make Y/N hear it. However, thanks to her sharp hearing, she could listen all of his words loud and clear.

"It's not unnecessary, Akaashi-san. Your emotions are important, it shows how you feel at times. We are human being, not a robot!! It's not good to restraint ourselves from feeling what we should feel. Loosen up a bit Akaashi-san!! Let's enjoy the moments we are living in!!" Listening to Y/N's answers, he feels like a wave of realization hit his face, with some goosebumps, he doesn't know that all of the words that come out of her mouth was something that he long to listen his whole life.

Keiji let out yet another genuine smile, which put y/n at the state of hypnotized. She swears she saw sparks fly around him when he smiles. His smile is so beautiful that she felt like to capture it right there and then. She is so grateful to be the one who able to put that beautiful smile on Keiji's face. It is as if she saw an angel's smile, he looks so ethereal. Then, she made it a promise within herself to make him smile more.

 Then, she made it a promise within herself to make him smile more

Published on: 18/12/2021