Chapter 3- Meeting the princess

Atlas
I arrive at the entrance to Queen Freya's castle of the Other Side just at 7:00 pm. It's a beautiful castle, I can't lie. Much more beautiful than the Outsider's castle. I've practically memorized what the castle looks like due to my many frequent visits when I'm sent to spy on them. I don't really get what exactly I'm always supposed to be spying on anyways. Distracted by my own thoughts, I haven't realized that a girl who looks about my age stands in front of me. Is this the person who was sent to meet me here? I've never met her. I look dumbfounded at her, frowning and clear my throat and say,"Are you the one who sent me here?" She rolls her eyes, "Yes." My eyes light up in surprise at that. She's annoyed. I realize. At me. She has blue eyes that have a particular unique shine to them. They look almost grayish blue. She wears a red dress that looks stunning on her. She has long, straight brown hair. She has a naturally beautiful face, I think. I catch myself wondering if anyone has called her beautiful before. I can't help but smile now, "Are you.. annoyed at me, beautiful?" Her blue eyes flash me a wild look and the next thing I know she has me pinned to the brick wall beside the castle's entrance, a dagger under my throat, "Don't you ever call me beautiful again." I smile again, oblivious to the dagger pressed against my throat, "But you are." She presses her lips together, pushing the dagger a little farther, "You're just like your father. You try to manipulate people into your little tricks well guess what it's not going to work with me, Atlas." I say, "That's what this is about, hm?" She releases her grip on the dagger just a little, and I push her off of me and I say, " I am nothing like my father. You don't know anything about me." I then notice she's on the ground, standing back up and says, her voice surprisingly gentler than before," And that's why I'm here, Atlas. I want to believe what you said but I can't believe my enemies lies." She turns to leave but I grab her wrist, "Wait." She looks at me, bewildered for a second, "What?" I let go of her wrist, " What's your name?" "It's Astrid," she says and I watch her turn back around. We didn't even discuss the truce. But I don't care. And I still feel the warmth of my hands pressed against her soft skin when I grabbed her wrist just minutes ago as I watch her go.

Authors Note 📝
Today was a shorter chapter and no Astrid POV for today :) enjoy it guys!

Authors Note 📝 Today was a shorter chapter and no Astrid POV for today :) enjoy it guys!

This is what the Other Side's castle looks like. The entrance, anyways. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!