Chapter 12- Royal Advantages

Astrid
You see, when you are born into royalty, you often find more people will respect you because of this. Despite everything, being royalty has its own perks. You can use it to your own advantage and it will work like so to say 99% of the time. This is about how it went this time.
~
After my encounter with the old man and Atlas, I try to find my way past the people to get to my father's somehow "urgent" meeting. I'm on my way when I see a man throw a bag over another younger man's head. I don't know how long the young man has been under the bag for but he starts falling onto his knees. I grab a handful of the older man's shirt and I say, "Why are you doing this to this young man?" The older man's nose crinkles, "Ferma ta gueule, Princess." I flash the man a look of disgust, "Yes. I am the princess of Ravenbane and I don't have time for your la bêtise." The man smiles, "And what are you gon do about it, mi amor?" I'm tired of the nicknames. I lick my lips and sigh, "I'm sorry it has to be this way, then." I bring out my gun and shoot him in the arm." He groans in agony and falls to the ground, dropping his grip on the bag, clutching his arm instead. People nearby peek at us, curious of the scene. I aim for a smile, "Nothing to see here, en avant!" I kneel down towards the young now unconscious man. I pull the bag off his face and I almost gasp when I see who it is. It's Atlas. I could just leave him here, I think. But that wouldn't be very modest of me. I groan and I throw him over my shoulders. I mutter to no one in particular, "Deiu, you're heavy." I make my way to the castle with a man on my shoulders. Today's gonna be a weird day.