Chapter 26: perfect.

Y/n's pov

I unlocked the door with no awareness that I was doing it. I felt like I was having an out of body experience, I just felt so giddy. My face was planted with a massive grin that I couldn't get rid of. Seriously, my face hurt.

As I walked through the door, I was met with an ear splitting scream.

"TELL ME EVERYTHING." Maya squealed at the top of her lungs.

"Okay okay, give me a second to actually get through the door." I laughed.

"Okay I got all the essentials; face masks, wine and loads of chocolate." Maya grinned, still tottering on the spot.

"Oh my god, when did you even-"

"As soon as you messaged me that you were staying over I knew we were gonna have a girls night." She hugged me tight.

"I love you." I chuckled.

We sat down and I told her the raw details as we wanted to wait until it was night because well...it can't be girls night if it's not actually night. It was already the afternoon when I came home anyways so once I'd had a shower and got into some pjs, it was dark out.

"So, I want details." Maya began as we plopped onto the sofa.

"The place we went was where we first hung out." I smiled shyly.

"That's so cute oh my gosh."

"Don't act shocked, I know you helped." I narrowed my eyes, scowling playfully.

"Well, the poor boy was very nervous!" She chuckled.

"Anyways, after a few hours of talking and flirting, we went back to his place and, well...

"WELL WHAT?!"

"We...um...WE KISSED!"

"OH MY GOD FINALLY!!!"

The girliest squeal erupted from my throat. I didn't even know I could do that.

"So, what was it like?!" Maya bit her lip in anticipation.

"It was..."

For a moment I didn't know how to describe it.

"...perfect."

"Oh my god, you're so in love." Maya fanned her face, pretending to cry.

"Seriously, I mean it was like we just fit together, you know? We just click. I've spent so long feeling anxious about life, about relationships, but with him..."

"It makes sense." Maya finished my sentence my actually tears in her eyes this time.

"What's wrong?!" I chuckled and hugged her.

"I'm just happy you're happy."

"Maya..." I hugged her tighter.

"And thanking the lord that you two finally are getting together. I mean seriously, youve known him for over a year and it's only now happening?" She laughed.

"I don't care how long it took. I'm just glad it's finally happening." I smiled to myself. "We fell asleep cuddling as well...oh! and he made me pancakes for breakfast!" I pouted, thinking about how cute he is.

"With maple syrup?"

"With maple syrup."

"Wow, if you didn't know already...he's definitely a keeper."

Sorry I've had a few short chapters recently! Next one will be a full chapter :)