Chapter 14: alcohol

y/n's pov
It was a week until my birthday and I was so excited. Every year, I have an awesome party. The only problem was, they're usually RAGER parties and I don't know if I want Tom to see me drunk yet, besides I'm worried what I might say whilst intoxicated.

"So I know we do the same thing every year but, we should still talk over things about the party" Mayas tone serious. She loves party planning.

"Yeah okay um, should we hold the alcohol this year?" I said fidgeting a little.

"Girl, you better be joking." She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Well- to be honest no. There's gonna be more people this year and it might get out of hand and-"

"Is this to do with Tom?" She smirked.

"Whaaat? Nooooo"

That was a lie. The thought of me spilling my guts was sharp in my mind. It scared me more than the time there was a spider in my bath. And I hate spiders. Except for Peter Parker.

"Okay, you know I love you y/n but I'm not changing the party just for some guy! I mean I know the guy is Tom freaking Holland but-"

"Maya you know I love you but I can't risk saying something I don't want Tom- I mean people around me to know-"

Real slick y/n.

"D-did you just admit you like Tom?!" She squealed. "Cause I mean I knew, it's was very obvious but...YOU ACTUALLY ADMITTED IT!!!" She practically screamed, running up and shaking my arms.

"Ugh I might as well admit it. Maya, I really don't want him to find out whilst I'm drunk. I-I'm actually planing on telling him soon but I don't wanna tell him whilst I'm barely conscious!"

"Hey hey don't panic. I understand, I promise I'll keep you in check but we need alcohol to get  over the fact that we're getting old." She said jokingly but with a sweet tone.

"Thanks, I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too bestie, not as much as you love Tom though" she giggled.

"Oi!" I hit her with a pillow which triggered a pillow fight for 10 minutes straight. We then decided that I'll just keep it like usual; lots of alcohol, lots of dancing and lots of people. It's the only time I don't get anxious in a group of large people because well...the magic of booze.

"We just need to invite the usuals plus Zendaya, Haz, Jacob and Tom." I said.

"Yup! oooo and could we invite Daisy and Jemma too?" Maya tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Of course." I winked. She just laughed back but I could sense embarrassment in her voice.

"We're meeting up with the guys later so we'll tell them then" I remembered.

A couple ours later we were at Toms house, all gathered around the TV watching the first iron man film.

"So, I need to talk to you guys."

"Uh oh, what did Tom do?" Jacob questioned.

"WHa- what makes you think I did anything!" Tom squealed in defence.

"Okay okay, Toms done nothing." I giggled. "I'm having a birthday party this weekend and hoped you could all come."

"Of course! I cant wait!" Tom spoke immediately. "When? Where? What time?" He asked.

"Jeez Tom you're eager." Zendaya smirked. "Yeah I'm pretty sure I've got nothing going on" she smiled.

"Me too!" Jacob said, then Harrison.

"Great!" Maya and I smiled.

We continued to watch the film when an hour later I noticed Tom and I were the only ones still awake.

"Hey." Tom whispered.

"Hello." I giggled.

"So, what should I get you for your birthday then?" He questioned, turning his body towards me.

"Nothing thomas, I just want you at my party that's all."

"Love, I need to get you something." He complained childishly.

"I said nothing so you're getting me nothing, okay?" Raising my eyebrows at him, he rolled his eyes.

"You're so stubborn, I'm getting you something whether you want me to or not." He said sternly.

"Whatever Tommy."

"Hey, look at me." I ignored him so he lightly grabbed my chin and turned my head. As his skin touched mine, shivers spread through my body. "Tell me what you want."

I want you. No, not the time y/n.

"Surprise me." I whispered, getting up from the sofa to make a drink.

"You'll be the death of me y/n."