Chapter 9: i promise.

y/n's pov
We walked down the hall just making small talk which I really struggle with but Tom is good at, so I didn't feel too much pressure on myself. We got to his car in which he opened the door for me. Ugh he's such a gentleman, why does he have to be this perfect?

I quickly thank him and took a seat in the very large black Land Rover. Tom didn't say anything to the driver, still keeping our next location a secret, but just nodded.

It was weird with him, he was this big shot celebrity therefore you would think I'd be 10 times more nervous around him than others but I felt this sense of calm with him. Still a nervous wreck, but more relaxed.

"So, are you really not going to tell me where we're going?" I said smiling whilst turning to face him. He looked back at me and held eye contact with a smirk.

Butterflies.

"Nope. It's a surprise!" He said. I could feel that he was trying to act 'cool' but was excited which made my grin widen.

"Just for future reference, I hate surprises." I laughed. It was genuinely true but I just said it to wind him up. I felt a pang of guilt in my chest when I looked towards Tom who's face had dropped, making puppy dog eyes.

"S-sorry I didn't mean it like that! I'm sure this surprise will be great! It's just with my anxiety and stuff I get scared and I-" SHUT UP Y/N STOP RAMBLING! Luckily, Tom interrupted the words that were messily tumbling from my lips.

"Y/n don't apologise" he said in a soft tone. I could tell he was still a little upset but he wasn't trying to show it to spare my feelings. Oh god what have I done. "I barely know you and I'm taking you somewhere you probably don't even know so I understand that you're nervous. It's not going to be anything bad, I promise." I'm not sure why the word 'promise' hit me so hard, I guess it's just such a personal word. I nodded and gave a sympathetic grin.

"God we are a mess together aren't we, nervous 24/7" I laughed anxiously. He returned the laugh which settled the tight feeling in my throat.

"Yes we really are, that's why we will make the best of friends." He chuckled. I gave him a beaming smile back and we sat for the rest of the time in silence. But it was comfortable silence.

Sorry this is short!