part 86

cause they say that misery loves company ( angels like you - miley cyrus ) ——————————————————————————

( angels like you - miley cyrus )
——————————————————————————

Nikki's pov

I watch her asleep on the couch as I hold Decker in my arms. I literally left for 5 minutes and she's already napping again. She seems to falling asleep at the drop of a hat lately. I eye her carefully before putting Decker down on his play mat.

It's been a couple of weeks since the whole her running off situation, not one of us has mentioned anything about it since. I mean sure i'm over it now but it's still wedged in the back of my mind.

And throughout those couple of weeks she's been acting weird....like that falling asleep anywhere and everywhere and just the other day we were clearly out some old junk and she found a picture of me and her on her first tour and she started sobbing uncontrollably.

When I asked her why she was crying she said it was because of how sick I looked , obviously I was jacked in the picture but she's seen me like that dozens of times?

I just said look at me now with a smile trying to comfort her , the she looks up at me with big doe eyes filled with tears and in the most soft voices said

" But it's my fault " I shook my head vigorously

" Soph how could it be you fault ? I was doing that shit way before I met you "

" No Nikki, all those times I helped you hide it from the guys or from Doc.... I was contributing to it and i'm so sorry " she says the last part bursting out into tears again.

I didn't understand why she was saying this the reason I got clean was because of her.

Eventually I managed to calm her down but yeah just little things like that lately, i'm worried about her.

Sophia's pov

I flutter my eyes open , my sight fixing on Nikki just stood in the middle of the floor lost in his thoughts.

" Nikki " I say causing him to slightly jump and the sound of my voice.

" Are you okay " I ask. He smiles softly.

" I'm all good babe " He sits down beside me as I sit up. I catch a whiff of myself.

" Man I need a shower badly , I smell like you and Tommy back in the early days " I scrunch my nose.

" Didn't stop you coming near me must not have been that bad " he says playfully. I give him a look.

" Nikki....I have something to confess, Anytime we had shower sex was just to get you under some hot water " I laugh. He pretends to be offended.

" Ah who cares I got sex out of it " he laughs.

" Anyways i'll be upstairs running myself a bath " I say standing up giving Nikki and kiss on the forehead with a smile.

I walk up the stairs the smile on my face before it starts to slowly fade away. I make my way into the bathroom making sure to shut the door. I start to run the bath , I trudge my way over to the mirror taking in my appearance.

My skins starting to break out not to mention the dark circles under my eyes. I blink slowly my mind escaping somewhere else for a second. With a sigh I begin to take off my clothes. The stretch marks left on my stomach after being pregnant. I gently trace the marks with my finger tip. The bathroom starts to fill with hot steam from the bath I forgot I was running.

I rush over turning off the faucets cursing myself. Once I drained some of the water from the bath I nearly left over flow, I submerge myself into the bubbles. It feels like a warm hug and it was the best feeling i've felt all week.

Nikki's pov

When I heard the bathroom door being closed I quickly picked up Decker and made my way to my office. I sit down behind my computer , Decker on my knee chewing on some toy.

I start to type the words into the search engine :

Post Natal Depression

My hands shaked slightly typing the words. I've heard about it before but I never knew anyone who's had it. Just from watching her all week I know something isn't right , her eyes don't sparkle anymore.

As soon as I clicked search the amount of results that showed up for the subject was endless.

Postnatal depression is the term used for depression that some women experience in the first year after having a baby.

Symptoms include :

•loss of appetite
•poor concentration
•tiredness all the time
•problems sleeping
•being agitated
•crying easily

She's ticking all these boxes. Just as I feared.

I read some of the causes and it just says if there's a history of depression in your family , the lifestyle change of having a baby.

What am I gonna do? I don't wanna go behind her back and phone someone about it but I also don't know how she would feel if i just approached her and said " hey I think you're depressed " because that just seem impersonal.

I have to say something to her....I hate seeing her this way. I hope she will be willing to speak to someone otherwise I'm all out of ideas.

Decker starts to cry on my lap.

" Are you hungry come on little guy i'll get you something to eat " I coo.

I leave the office making my way downstairs , the bathroom door is still shut so I assume she's still in the bath.

Sophia's pov

My hands start to look like old lady hands that's when I know it's time to get out. I dry myself down and wrap my hair in a towel.

Much better I think to myself. I open the door and notice Nikki's office door is open and the light still on. I approach the door.

" Nikki ? " I say opening the door but no ones in here. I look over at his desk and notice the computer is still on.

Nikki what have I told you about not turning things off after you use them I say to myself.

I walk over to the computer and look up to see what he had been searching.

Post Natal Depression.