part 18

i will be passing away

————————————————————————

I woke up feeling sad. Our apartment is cold and smells like dust seeing as we haven't been living here in ages. There's no food in the fridge and the tap is still dripping.

Slash dropped me off and I was thankful i probably wouldn't have made it home without him. He gave me his number if I ever needed him. Emi must have stayed with Mick last night because she's not here. I slouch down on the couch and turn on the tv. The first thing that popped up was MTV...

" Rumour has it that Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx and girlfriend Sophia Russo had a bust up last night at the Crüe tour after party... Will they reconcile ? " I turn off the tv. Damn these people are quick with this stuff. I hear the door open and Emi busts in.

" Hey....how are you " she says shutting the door with a smile that reads I pity you.

" I'm okay I guess.... " I say playing with my chipped nail polish.

" I'm sorry i didn't realise you and Nikki broke up i was still inside when it all happened "

" it's okay Slash took me home "

" I can't believe him , he's a pig " she stands up

" you know i confronted him once Mick told me what happened and he said he didn't mean to and that he still loves you " she starts to ramble on

" Emi Emi its fine it clearly wasn't meant to be and i don't want to dwell on it " I smile at her.

" okay i'll shut up. Oh hey the reason i came over is because Mick and I are hosting a dinner party " She smiles excitedly.

" Oh well...good luck with that " I don't know why she's telling me this...a dinner party ? not my scene

" oh come on Soph you have to come , everyone will be there " She grabs my hands

" Everyone..? " is she serious right now.

" Look i know you're having a rough time and i don't want to put you in an uncomfortable situation but i promise there will be enough people there to avoid him " she gives me puppy eyes.

" Emi... ugh...fine i'll go but i'm not speaking to him you just better hope for his own sake he doesn't come near me " I roll my eyes getting up.

" Wait did you get your cheque for tour ? " i ask her

" I don't know maybe check the letter box " I walk outside opening the letter box finding two envelopes addressed to me and Emi. Jackpot.

" You so owe me " Emi hugs me as i walk in. She was right lots of people were here. Micks house is nice, Emi hands me a glass of wine. Wow real fancy.

I'm sat with Emi and Heather, I really like Heather , she's beautiful and an amazing actress , Tommy better keep her.

" I'm sorry to hear about you and Nikki " she rubs my arm.

" it's fine it was probably bound to happen " i smile at her.

" Two moments i'll just check in dinner " Emi runs off and i stare into the distance. I see Tommy and Vince and i wave them over.

" Hey guys " i'm gonna miss them.

" okay whatever they brought us here for i just want to know already these pants are giving me a wedgie " Tommy says fixing himself in his pants and I laugh.

As that was said , there he is. He looks like crap. Good. He sees us but doesn't come over and i'm glad couldn't be dealing with him right now.

" Dinners served " Emi says escorting us into the dining room. A large table is set up with fancy dishes and flowers. I sit in between Vince and Heather and of course he has to sit right across from me. Is he trying to piss me off.

I can feel him trying to touch my leg with his foot as i throw him a dirty look. Emi stands up as does Mick. What the hell is going on.

" Okay everyone you're probably wondering why we brought you all here today " she smiles grabbing Micks arm and he's smiling too...this is unusual

" IM PREGNANT " I spit out my wine back into my glass. What pregnant !? Everyone begins to clap and congratulate. My best friends pregnant i'm gonna be an aunt !! Emi and Mick look so happy , I can't help but feel a little sad. I mean i definitely don't want a child.. well not right now but they're gonna be a family, together they'll probably get engaged next. I keep a happy face on.

After dinner we all just hung around and had a couple of drinks , more people came so it was practically a house party.

" Emi i'm so happy for you " I hug here again

" Thank you , I wanted to tell you earlier but Mick insisted we wait until everyone was here " she smiles. In the mean time Doc comes over and Emi gets taken away by someone else waiting to congratulate her.

" Sophia just the girl I was looking for " Doc smiles

" Hi Doc how have you been "

" Good good but listen , there's this guy I want you to  meet he's been asking about you " he smiles

" Doc just because i'm single now doesn't mean i need you to set me up " you laugh kind of embarrassed

" no no he's a record producer he wants you to come in tomorrow for a chat " he hands you a card with an address and number on it, you look at it skeptical.

" 1pm tomorrow don't be late i'll meet you there " He says walking away before you get the chance to ask more questions. A record producer what??

As you stare at the card and shadow blocks your light. You look up and see him standing there. You go to walk away but he grabs your hand.

" Please just 2 minutes of your time and i'll leave you alone then " you give in , nothing he can say will change your mind. He brings you outside to the porch and you sit down on the decking lighting up a cigarette.

" What i done was stupid I know , i didn't know what i was doing but that doesn't matter what matters is i'm sorry and I still love you " he goes to grab your free hand but you pull away.

" yeah well that doesn't mean I love you , you always went on about how you couldn't trust anyone and now look. I trusted you and you of all people know how it feels to be betrayed. So Nikki just save your breath and leave me alone, and while you're at it get sober , junkies not a good look on you " you know it's harsh but you don't care , you stand up leave him sat there on his own.

You say bye to Emi and Mick as you leave the party. You walk down the street thinking about how mean you were to him, slight part of you wishes that maybe if he was sober he wouldn't have done this. You'll always love Nikki as fucked up as your relationship was. You pray he finds peace and someone he can trust who can trust him back. You just don't think that persons you.

——————————————————————————-
Again please trust the process i'm excited for you all to read what's gonna happen!!