One Christmas Night

CHAPTER 16

"Cause I'm Mrs

"Cause I'm Mrs. Snow,
'till death, we'll be freezing."

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

Kageyama and Hinata had left the party hall. They were now driving back home. The ride was quiet so Hinata decided to break the silence. "The muffins you made the other day... they tasted good, to be honest." He said. "I tried my best," Kageyama replied while he drove. "Make sure to make some more for me... the next time we meet." Hinata giggled. "I'll remember that." Kageyama giggled with him.

He parked the car and they got out one after the other. "Let's go to the backyard, it's been redecorated by Miwa." Hinata pulled Kageyama with him. "Yeah sure." Kageyama agreed as they reach their backyard. "Wow! The fairy lights are mesmerizing!" Hinata exclaimed. "Agreed," Kageyama said. He holds Hinata's hand and walks towards the swinging bench. They sit down on it.

"It's been a long day!" Kageyama stretched. "I wish it was longer." Hinata rested his head on Kageyama's shoulder. "I'm so glad you stayed, Shoyo." Kageyama wrapped his arm around Hinata— pulling him close. "I'm so glad you came, Tobio." Hinata fidgeted with his hands.

"Make sure to stay in contact with me," Hinata spoke up. "What makes you think I won't?" Kageyama scoffed. "Of course, I will stay in touch with you... everyday." He added. "That sounds good." Hinata smiled softly.

They stayed there, swinging gently. Even if the weather was freezing, they felt warm in each other's embrace. "Tobio," Hinata spoke up while Kageyama hummed in response. "Look above you." Said Hinata. "What's there?" Kageyama looked up. "I don't see anything?" He looked back at Hinata.
"Stand up and see properly." Hinata pouted. Kageyama sighed before standing up. All he saw was... plants? Vines? He's not sure. "I still don't get it." He shook his head. Hinata stood up, sighing in frustration.

"It's mistletoe."

Hinata pointed out. "Idiot!" He added with a frown. "Oh... and what about it?" Kageyama questioned somewhat nervously. He honestly had no idea.

I can't believe this man. Hinata thought.

"They say; you should kiss the person you're with under the mistletoe. It'll bless your relationship." Hinata explained with folded arms. "Oh... you're talking about those beliefs." Kageyama finally understood. "Tsk. I'm not the traditional type so I don't believe in those." He added. "So you don't wanna kiss me?" Hinata asked with an upset look. "If you want a kiss then just say so." Kageyama groaned.

"I do wanna kiss you... under the mistletoe." Hinata wrapped his arms around Kageyama's neck. Kageyama's cheeks flushed. "You really know how to drive me crazy." Kageyama grinned before wrapping his arms around Hinata's waist. He leaned in closer to Hinata's face. "Ready?" He whispered. "Always am." Hinata smiled before closing his eyes.