I Found My Answer

CHAPTER 10

"I love you foreverand we'll have some fun

"I love you forever
and we'll have some fun."

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

"Surprise!" A small crowd of people cheered loudly. Kageyama gasped and backed away a little in surprise. "Welcome, Kageyama!" Sugawara smiled. "Suga..." Kageyama whispered. "We're happy to celebrate your birthday!" Nishinoya spoke up. Kageyama could feel the tears welling up.

"How have you been?" Yamaguchi asked. "I've... been... G-Good." Kageyama broke down in tears after he answered. "Aww~" Sugawara pulled him into a hug. "It's been long since we all met." Hinata joined them. "Hey, hey, hey! Tsukki!" Bokuto cheered. "Let's head inside, it's cold here," Akaashi spoke up.

"Yes. Let's go." Sawamura said and they all headed inside.

"Kageyama!" Hinata's mom spoke up as they enter the house. "Greetings," Kageyama replied with a smile. "Are you Tobio- nii-chan?" Natsu asked. "Yes, Natsu." Kageyama bent down to her level. "Whoa! You look so different." She exclaimed. "Right!" Hinata joined them.

"How're you, Mrs. Hinata?" Kageyama's mom asked. "All good. Thanks for making it here!" She replied. "Thanks for the invite." Mrs. Kageyama smiled.

"Look at you, all grown up." Hinata's mom cupped Kageyama's face. "How's it in Tokyo?" She asked. "It's not the best, but good." He answered. "It's good to see you too, Akaashi." Hinata's mom shook her hand with Akaashi. "Same here." Akaashi smiled.

After that everyone started talking to each other. Chatting like there was no tomorrow. It felt as though they were reliving the old days. Kuroo and Kenma arrived shortly after. They both greeted and spoke as well to everyone. Bokuto and Kuroo were old friends too so they were all comfortable and chaotic around each other along with Tsukishima and Akaashi.

The house soon got packed with a lot of people.

"Shoyo?" Hinata's mom called out. "Yes, mom?" Hinata responded, breaking his conversation with Kenma and Yamaguchi. "How's it between you and Kageyama now?" She asked, concerned. "Tobio and I are back to best friends now. We've solved our problems." Hinata answered with a forceful smile.

"You still don't seem happy with it?" She shot him a confused look. "Well... I might have..." Hinata paused. "Might have what?" She asked. "I might have developed a crush on him." He answered with a nervous smile.

"Oh, dear! Really?" She was bewildered. "Yeah... I told him but he needs time to think about it." Hinata sighed. "But more importantly, will you accept us? Mom?" Hinata asked with hopeful eyes. "Of course, I could never reject a boy like Kageyama." Hinata's mom smiled warmly. "As long as you both are happy, I am too." She added. "Thank you, mom." Hinata hugged her.

"Will you be going back to his house today?" She asked in a hug. "Yes. Please allow me to spend these few days with him. I don't know when will we meet again." Hinata broke the hug. "As you say so. Sure." She grinned. "Thank you." Hinata thanked. "My pleasure." She nodded before heading back to her husband and Mr. and Mrs. Kageyama.

"Right... a few more days and... you'll be gone," Hinata mumbled to himself as he stares at Kageyama having fun with Sugawara and Kiyoko.

"Earth to, Shoyo?" Kenma snapped him outta his thoughts. "Oh! Yeah!" Hinata exclaimed before continuing his conversation with them.

"I'll be back," Hinata said before walking away towards the washroom with an upset look plastered on his face. Kageyama noticed this so he followed him.

"Shou. What's the matter?" Kageyama asked as he noticed him rubbing his face again. Hinata stopped in his tracks but did not turn around to face Kageyama.

"Everything's... fine," Hinata responded. "I'm sure that's a lie." Kageyama walked up closer to him. "You can share with me... if that'll make you feel better." Kageyama spoke softly.

"When will you be heading back to Tokyo?" Hinata asked. "The day after Christmas. That's when my holidays end." Kageyama answered. "I see," Hinata replied, still not looking at Kageyama.

"Is there a problem?" Kageyama asked. "When will you meet us again?" Hinata finally faced Kageyama with tearful eyes. Kageyama was startled. He was about to ask why was he crying but he changed his sentence:

"Now that we're on good terms. I'll pay a visit whenever you'll call. Or whenever anyone will call." Kageyama tried to comfort Hinata. "I won't turn down any invitations. I promise" he added.

"I really... hate myself for saying this but." Hinata paused. "I don't want you to go." Hinata started sobbing. Kageyama immediately pulled him into a hug, that's the only thing that came to his mind at that moment.

"Don't leave, Tobio." Hinata cried in his embrace. "Let's stay in touch from now onwards." Kageyama caressed his back. "No... I don't want you to leave my sight." He wailed. Kageyama was at a loss for words.

"Shh~ everything's gonna be fine." Kageyama hugged him tighter while he also starts streaming down tears. "Don't make it hard for me to leave now." He gulped as a knot started forming in his throat. "I'm sorry." Hinata buried his face in Kageyama's chest.

"Tobio... I think I found the answer." Hinata spoke up. "Answer to?" Kageyama questioned. "To the question why I like you." Hinata specified. "And what is it?" The latter asked.

Hinata took a deep breath. "You make me feel complete," Hinata answered. Kageyama widened his eyes slightly before burying his face in Hinata's shoulder. "If that's the case then..." Kageyama started. "I like you too." He stated.

"Wait... really?" Hinata broke the hug. "I can't lie about it." Kageyama smiled. "Great. Now it's even harder to leave you." Hinata cried again. "Huh?! Are you complaining?! Should I take back what I said?!" Kageyama spat.

"No. I'm happy." Hinata said. "Really... so much happiness." He sobbed. Kageyama sighed and wiped away his tears. "You're going to dehydrate yourself." He said.

"I want to grow up with you Tobio. I wanna celebrate a thousand more birthdays with you. I want to create a million more memories with you. But I don't know when are we gonna meet again." Hinata stated.

Kageyama was astonished. Really. He was a total loss of words. He had the same feelings, they sure were on the same page but he still couldn't find the words to describe his emotions.

He sighed. "I won't live for a thousand years, idiot." He snickered. "I understand. I feel the same as you. Don't cry now." He lifted Hinata's face by his chin. "Let me have a happy birthday. Dumbass." He pressed a kiss on Hinata's forehead.

"Yeah. Let's go. They probably will start looking for us." Hinata calmed down. "Let me wash my face, you can go ahead," Hinata informed. "Fine. I want to see that bright smile of yours again," Kageyama said before leaving him alone in front of the bathroom's entrance.