December 21: Christmas Decorating

CHAPTER 7

"Don't cry snowman,don't you shed a tear

"Don't cry snowman,
don't you shed a tear."

KAGEYAMA'S P.O.V

"I want to start decorating with the Christmas tree!" Miwa whined. "Save the good ones for last." Dad joked. "Ugh! Fine." She groaned.

"Alright listen up," Mom announced catching our attention. "Miwa and Hinata will decorate the front yard and entrance!" She explained. "Living room will be handled by Keiji and Bokuto." She continued. "Tobio and I are going to decorate the dining room along with the kitchen." She ended.

"What about dad?" Keiji asked. "He has to run an errand for his friend so he won't be joining us." Mom explained. "Take care kids! Enjoy!" Dad bid his goodbye before wearing his overcoat and leaving.

"Let's get started!" Mom said and handed each one of us a bag in which the decorations were placed. I followed mom to the kitchen. "Say Tobio, how shall we start?" She asked. "It's up to you," I replied. "Alright then, let's start with the kitchen counter." She informed before taking out red, green, and white candles from the bag.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's been about half an hour. Mom's still decorating everything by herself. I'm just sitting here in one of the kitchen counter stools, watching her.

"Tobio." She spoke up. "Yeah?" I responded. "How's it living in Tokyo?" She asked while still decorating. "Nothing special. Wake up, got to work, come back to the apartment, work again and sleep." I explained. "That's pretty much it," I added. "I see." She giggled. "It was better here in Miyagi with friends." I sighed.

"Do you miss Hinata?" She asked out of the blue. "Pardon?" I know I heard her yet still. "Hinata misses you though." She chuckled. Her back was facing me so I couldn't tell what her reactions were. "He was really happy that you came this year." She stated. "How do you know that?" I questioned. "He told me." She replied. "I see," I mumbled.

"I thought he hated me?" I shot a confused look at her. "That's just your thinking. He doesn't hate you." Mom faced me. "Tobio. Whatever happened years ago, was the best for you. Thanks to Hinata that you were able to move on." She said. "But he... walked out on me," I mumbled. "He wanted to give you space and time." She explained.

"He was right." She started. "Hinata's been with you all your life. She was there with you only for a month just to cheat on you and leave." She continued. "Hinata has been there for you... always." She added. "Would it be fair to leave someone like Hinata because of a cheater?" She ended.

I kept quiet as I clenched my jaw. I lowered my head and gripped on my hoodie. It was awkwardly silent between mom and me. "All these years you never bothered to talk to him or ask about him. But he never failed to text me and ask how were you." She spoke up, breaking the silence.

"He did?" I murmured. "Yes. There's no need to lie here." She replied. "Believe me Tobio. The attachment you both had with each other; Hinata had never let go of that attachment." She sighed. "Should I apologize?" I asked while I feel my chest aching. "That is up to you. I would appreciate it if you both sorted everything out." Mom said one last time before getting back to work. "Fine," I replied.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

HINATA'S P.O.V

"And lastly~ the wreath!" Miwa sang as she hung the wreath on the main door. "Looks pretty!" I complimented. "Right!" She smiled and I smiled back.

"So~ Hinata." She started. "Yes?" I responded. "Mind sharing with me what you both were talking about earlier?" She wiggled her eyebrows. "Who both?" I tilted my head in confusion. "You and... Tobio." She specified. "Oh... Uhm." I chuckled nervously.

"Well... we just recalled a few childhood memories so we were talking about it," I explained. "Is that so?" She sent me a teasing smile. "Ye-yeah." I stuttered. Shit, why the hell are my cheeks and ears heating up. "Now why are you blushing?" She mocked me. "Sto- stop!" I covered my face with my palms.

"You have a crush on him, don't you?" She asked outta nowhere. "Huh?!" I huffed not-so-loudly as I take off my palms away from my face. "Come on. You heard me." She rolled her eyes playfully. "As if I'm going to answer that." I pouted.

"I see." She sighed. "Just so you know. I'd be on cloud nine if you guys ever started dating." She smiled. "That's not happening." I folded my arms. "Awh~ you're just going to disappoint me like that?" She whined. "Yeah. I bet he likes girls." I reasoned. "Oh? So you do accept that you have a crush but he won't return your feelings?" She smirked.

"Yeah. I don't hate him so... I might kinda like him." I shrugged. "Don't worry. As long as he feels loved. He won't care about the gender." She patted my shoulder before walking away. "Come on! Let's go see their progress!" She called out and I followed her.

Crush? That too on Kageyama? I must be outta my mind.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

KAGEYAMA'S P.O.V

I was headed upstairs, to my room after finishing all the work that actually only mom did. I heard muffled talking coming from inside my room. I saw my room's door was a bit gapped. I stood there not wanting to eavesdrop but it still happened somehow.

"Yeah... I'm good, mom."
"Tobio came this year!"
"When?"
"On Christmas?"
"How about tomorrow?"
"Fine."

Judging by what all I just heard, I assume it's Hinata on a phone call with his... mom?

"Yeah... I did miss him."
"I wish."
"I really wanna get back together."
"I guess he won't ever forgive me."
"How... unfortunate."

That's when I started hearing muffled sniffles.

"Yeah... it's nothing... I'm fine."
"Fine... bye. Take care."

And that's all.

I knocked on the door and entered the room, a bit taken by surprise.

I noticed Hinata on the study table, rubbing his face frantically. "Is everything alright?" I asked. I know damn well he cried. "Ye- yeah." He stuttered. "Hinata." I walked up to him. "What?" He asked. "We should... talk." I started. "About... what?" He gulped.

I remained silent. There were a lot of things running through my mind. I fought with my thoughts but I did the unexpected.