Backstory - [part 2/2]

CHAPTER 5

"Who'll catch your tearsif you can't catch me, darling?"

if you can't catch me, darling?"

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

— BACKSTORY CONTINUES —

Once she was gone, Kageyama sat down on the couch with a thump.

"Kageyama, are you alright?" Hinata knelt to match his height. "I don't know." Kageyama's tears which were threatening to stream down all this time finally escaped. "I'm sure it's gonna be alright. She doesn't deserve you." Hinata comforted him.

"Right. Maybe you should just date Hinata." Miwa joked— she wanted that to happen. "Shut up." Hinata laughed along with the others. "You deserve way better than this. Now let's move on." Kuroo comforted him as well.

"Let's go." Hinata grabbed Kageyama's hand but Kageyama forced his hand away. "Leave me alone." He mumbled. "Alright." Kenma agreed and walked away. "Hey Natsu, wanna go for a round 2?" He asked and Natsu agreed happily.

"Kageyama?" Hinata asked as he sits on the floor, in front of Kageyama, while everyone leaves them alone. "Why'd you ever make such an observation?" Kageyama sobbed. "It's good for you." Hinata frowned.

"You don't get to decide what's good for me!" Kageyama spatted. "Are you trying to say that it was better if I didn't inform you about what she was doing behind your back?!" Hinata spat back. "Are you trying to say it was better if you kept loving her while she kept cheating on you?!" He continued, raising his voice.

"She was my first love." Kageyama gripped his hair in frustration. "Well, then... let me say it," Hinata paused. "You falling in love with her was nothing but a huge, in fact, an enormous mistake." He continued before standing up. "I feel so pathetic." Kageyama continued to cry silently.

"Guys, it's a Christmas night, let's calm down." Miwa butted in. "No, because this boy dares to blame me for unfolding the truth!" Hinata threw a pissed-off look at Kageyama. "He just went through a breakup. Let's leave him alone." Kuroo spoke up.

"That's not it! He's speaking as if now he's lonely for the rest of his life!" Hinata started. "Do you not know Kageyama that we are still here for you! At least I am!" He continued. "Having friends and having a lover isn't the same thing, Hinata." Kageyama sighed.

"You think she loved you?!" Hinata gasped. "I can't believe you." He sighed. "That's it, I'm done with you too," Hinata stated. "Hinata!" Miwa tried to stop him. "Go take your so-called loneliness somewhere else and try thinking thoroughly if her love was true or your friend's love," Hinata stated before walking away from Kageyama.

Kageyama just lost his childhood best friend at this point.

"Kageyama," Miwa called out. "He's right. He did what's good for you. Blaming him wouldn't be so nice of you." She tried to reason with him. "If Hinata and Kenma never witnessed it, we might have never known. She might have continued using you." Kageyama's mom spoke up, sitting beside Kageyama. "He deserves a thank you from you, don't you think?" She added as she strokes Kageyama's spine to comfort him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kageyama felt guilty. At this point, he felt like the cause of all his problems, stress and depression, were friends and lovers. His mind jumped to the conclusion that he doesn't need anyone in his life anymore. That everyone will walk out on him. One after the other leaving him lonely behind.

"Hinata, instead of arguing with him, I guess you should comfort him and give him some time. Breakups aren't easy to handle, especially when you've been cheated on." Hinata's mom tried to reason with him. "I guess Kageyama is the type of person who won't realize the value of something until he had lost it," Hinata replied. "Let him realize what he did." He added.

Kageyama hated it, he hated just how pathetic he was feeling. He really wanted Hinata to stay with him but he didn't, and after one argument even he decided to leave. He just lost two precious persons from his life— his best friend as well as his girlfriend.

He hated Hinata for that stupid decision that he took.

After that, things got pretty complicated.

Neither Hinata nor Kageyama spoke with each other and if they did, simply arguments would break out.

Things never went back to normal after that.

One Christmas night, he fell out of love.

— END OF BACKSTORY —