December 23: Baking & Cooking

CHAPTER 11

"Don't cry snowman,don't leave me this way

"Don't cry snowman,
don't leave me this way."

KAGEYAMA'S P.O.V

The birthday party was over last night by 11. I found out that Daichi was a police officer and Sugawara was a teacher. Plus they were married. Even Kuroo and Kenma were engaged. Damn.

Today we'll be baking and cooking. And just as I promised, I was baking muffins and pastries. Shoyo was helping me while he was baking gingerbread-man.

"Should I put butter first or egg first?" I asked. "It won't make a difference so do whatever." He answered from beside me. He was shaping the gingerbreads.

"Yeah, thanks." I groaned. "Sorry if that came out rude." He apologized while staying focused. "It's fine," I replied. I mixed the batter while he put the tray filled with gingerbread-man in the oven. "Help?" He asked me. "Yeah." I rolled my eyes playfully. He chuckled before joining me.

He started demonstrating while I followed his instructions. It wasn't that difficult. I'm just a beginner, that's it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Why did we bake so much?" Keiji asked as he looks at the number of cupcakes, macaroons, muffins, pastries, shortcakes, and god knows what else. "Because we'll be sharing them with our neighborhood." Mom answered. "What?" I didn't quite understand. "We have put up a stall in our backyard. We'll be sharing these with everyone passing by tomorrow." Mom specified.

"We do this every year. Many people do. Last time we shared... Christmas stockings." Shoyo explained. "I see." I nodded so did Keiji. "Are we gonna do that today?" Bokuto asked. "No. Tomorrow. That's what the planner says." Miwa replied.

"Since we've completed this. You guys are free." Mom announced. "Thanks," I said before heading back to my room. "Ah! Tobi!" I heard a familiar voice call me out while I was halfway up the stairs. "What?" I responded. "You wanna..." He paused. "Continue." I walked down the stairs to him. "You wanna go to the lake?" He continued. "You don't have to if you don't want to just say yes or no." He added.

"What lake?" I asked instead. "You don't remember?" He tilted his head slightly. "I'm not sure." I shrugged. "That lake where they have a water fountain where we used to make wishes? Remember?" He explained. I took my time to recall and yes I did recall faint memories of my wishes and that fountain. "Yes." I smiled softly. "You wanna go there?" He asked again. "Of course." I agreed. He smiled.

"Great! Wear your winter clothes. It's gonna be really cold there!" He said before jogging up the stairs. I followed him to my room.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Haah~ it's still so cold!" He complained even though he was loaded with jumpers, jackets, mittens, earmuffs, scarfs and I don't know what else. "Give me your hand," I said as I noticed him rubbing his hands against each other. He gave me one of his palms and I grabbed it. I put it inside my overcoat's pocket along with my hand.

"Wha- this feels like a romantic drama scene." He snickered. "Does that make you feel warmer or not?" I asked. "Yeah, my cheeks are heating up, I can say." He replied. "Good," I commented. "You wanna grab a Latte on the way?" He questioned. "Yeah sure," I replied. "I'd have one anyways even if you disagreed." He sneered.

"Fine then. I'm going back. Bye." I let go of his hand and turned the other way- the way back to our home. "No! Hey! Stop!" He came running behind me. "I don't think I said I'd allow you to go back!" He blocked my way. "Oh?" I smirked. "I was talking about the drink not about you coming along with me." He whined.

"I'm just joking, dumbass." I cupped his face. "That wasn't a funny joke!" He pouted. "Mm-hm. I'm sorry." I said as I press my forehead against his, closing our eyes. "Your breath is warm." He spoke up. "I like your scent," I replied. "How does it smell like?" He asked. "An orchard," I answered.

"I'm glad to hear that, Tobi." He giggled. "I love you, Shou." I opened my eyes slightly to see him still with closed eyes so I closed my eyes back. "I love you more silly!" He broke away from my hands and hugged me tightly. "You feel so warm." He remarked. "You're the one heating up." I teased as I hug back.

"What did you used to wish for in that water fountain?" He asked. "A lot of things." I tightened our hug as I recall. "Tell me one." The plea in his voice was heard. "I wanted us to be that way forever." I started. "I wanted us to be happy." I continued. "I wanted you to always be by my side," I added. "No wonder I could never move on from you!" He chuckled.

"What about you?" I questioned. "Mine's rather silly. I wanted to marry you because I heard mom say two people marry each other when they love each other. So I thought we'd get married." He laughed. "That's not silly." I laughed. "It is! Why'd you say it's not?" He whined. "It might come true. You never know." I teased. "Wow. So romantic." He snickered.

"At some point, I did go back to that fountain and wished for us to get back together." He broke the hug. "I did wish for us to get back together too. But it was rather a wishing-well in Tokyo." I replied. "Wishes do come true after all." He smiled. "They do when you believe in them." I stroked his cheek. "Owh! Your hands are cold, idiot!" He complained. "Oops!" I cupped his face again. "Stop!" He placed his hands above mine.

After that, we enjoyed our time in the lake recalling memories and stuff. But the damn wind got stronger and we had to head back home quickly. Yeah, we did get two Lattes on the way, don't worry.

Another memorable day in Miyagi.