December 18: From Tokyo To Miyagi

CHAPTER 2

"A puddle of water can't hold me close, baby

"A puddle of water can't hold me close, baby."

KAGEYAMA'S P.O.V

"Haaah~" I exhaled heavily as I exit the metro station, stretching my arms and taking deep breaths. I slept in an uncomfortable position which welcomed a new pain on my nape. On the other hand, my back pain has gotten worse.

I hate how hectic this 6-hour ride was. How do people travel long distances exactly? Obviously, you can say that I wasn't consumed by wanderlust. Not a fan of traveling in other words.

It was now 6 p.m and I left Tokyo at 11 a.m. I booked an Uber and started heading towards my parents' home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Thank you." I thanked the driver before paying him. He drove off. It wasn't a long ride from the station to my home, roughly around 3 hours it was.

I took a deep breath, the fresh air filling up my lungs. I placed all my belongings in front of the door before finally ringing the doorbell.

*DING-DONG*

I stood there, my heart pounding, a million thoughts running through my head and sweating anxiously in this freezing weather.

And the door was answered.

A girl as tall as me stood there in the doorframe, too shocked to speak or greet. So I gave her a teasing smirk.

"Miwa. Surprise!" I spoke up. "Tobio!" She finally responded, cheering loudly enough to let the whole household know who just arrived home. She hugged me and I hugged back. She then headed inside the house while I followed her.

"Tobio?!" My parents came dashing towards the entrance. "Surprise, mom, dad." I smiled lightly. "I'm so glad!" My mom cupped her palms in front of her mouth, covering it as she broke into tears of joy. "I'm glad too." I forced a smile as I start to feel a gush of emotions too.

I walked past Miwa and made my way towards them before pulling them into a tight hug. "I'm sorry I kept refusing your invitations." I apologized. "Might as well make up for that in a different way." My dad snickered. "Of course, I know exactly what to do," I smirked as I broke the hug. "I wonder what." My mom chuckled.

"Well, I've learned how to bake, I'll be baking the muffins and cake this time." I started. "That's what mom wanted right?" I added. "Of course! And who said we're baking only muffins and cake?" My mom teased. "Alright, I'll try my best, jeez!" I laughed.

"Tobio." I heard a very familiar nonchalant voice. I looked behind to see Keiji standing with a Christmas card in his hands. "Keiji." I responded. "I didn't know you were coming." He said. "I know, right? We could have traveled together." Bokuto butted in. "I'm sorry. I really wanted to give a surprise." I chuckled nervously.

"Come inside, I'll tell the houseboy to take your belongings to your room." My dad said as he led the way towards the living room.

"Oh Uhm, Tobio." My mom spoke up painstakingly. "What is it, mom?" I asked. "You'll know once you reach the living room." She smiled nervously. "Okay?" I shot her a confused look before following my dad and...

That's it. Take me back to Tokyo, right now! This is the last situation I'd ever imagine myself to be in.

"What's the meaning of this?" I frowned. "I'm sorry Tobio. I know you feel uncomfortable around him but, every year when you don't come over for Christmas." My mom paused. "Hinata comes over instead of you." She continued. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I thought you wouldn't want to hear anything related to him." My mom smiled nervously.

"Hey, it's been a while." The boy I resented, Hinata Shōyō or you can say... my childhood best friend, spoke up.

"Tsk." I clicked my tongue before rolling my eyes at him. "No need to be so rude." He retorted. I sighed before taking a seat across him in one of the couches. "We thought you weren't coming this year too." My dad spoke up. "I understand," I mumbled.

"Can I please take a nap? I'm really tired." I stretched. "Of course. Your room's clean." My mom said and I nodded my head before heading upstairs. "Oh no, wait!" I heard someone call out but I ignored it as I knew who it was, Hinata.

I opened the door to my room and was greeted by a very unfamiliar scent. The room looked completely... different. "What the hell is the meaning of this?" I looked around the room, completely bewildered.

"Uhm, Kageyama. Erm, sorry."

I turned to face Hinata in the doorframe. "Why are you apologizing?" I threw him a pissed-off look. "When you aren't home, I use this room, I hope that explains." He stated. "Of course, explains a lot." I scoffed. "First you take my place, then my room." I shook my head slowly. "I'm sorry. But your parents offered me this room. I can sleep in the living room if you want." He said.

"I'm sorry Tobio. Keiji and Bokuto are staying in the other room. I hope you both can share a room." My mom butted in. "No way! Either I sleep on the couch or he does." I folded my arms. "I'll take the couch, don't worry Mrs. Kageyama." Hinata comforted mom. "Right," I whispered before taking off my overcoat and hanging it.

I stretched one last time before plopping onto the soft bed. Mom and Hinata had already exited the room. I smelled the duvet and of course, the scent wasn't the usual smell of my room. Could it be that... it smelled like Hinata? I'm not gonna complain about it. The smell is actually pretty calming and alluring.

I closed my heavy lids before dozing off to sleep.

It's been a long day.