Encounter

CHAPTER 13

"Don't cry snowman,don't you fear the sun

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Don't cry snowman,
don't you fear the sun."

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

"We're back!" Said Akaashi and Bokuto. "We're back too!" Miwa joined them, arriving with Mr. and Mrs. Kageyama. "Welcome back." Akaashi smiled. "How's it going?" Kageyama's mom asked while his dad heads inside with a lot of paper bags in his hands. "It's going well!" Hinata answered. "Glad to hear that." She replied.

"Enjoying Tobio?" Miwa nudged Kageyama. "Yeah, a lot," Kageyama answered. "I don't know if that was sarcasm or not." She raised an eyebrow. "It wasn't. Really." Kageyama shook his head. "It's fun." He added. "As you say so," Miwa said before going inside the house as well.

"Mrs. Kageyama. That's you?" One unfamiliar voice spoke up. "Oh! How have you been Mrs. Katano?" Kageyama's mom responded. "I've been really busy nowadays. I crave some rest. What about you?" Mrs. Katano asked. "I feel so sorry for you. Well, I've been really good." Mrs. Kageyama said, awkwardly.

"Oh! Tobio! When did you come to Miyagi?" She beamed. Her lipgloss shone even in the dim streetlights. "It's been... about 5 days," Kageyama responded nervously. Hinata knew the situation very well. "Did I hear Tobio's name?" Another anonymous girl joined them, she was about the same age as Kageyama.

There was a drastic change in the atmosphere. Awkwardness mixed with nervousness. "Hi! It's good to see you again." The anonymous girl greeted Kageyama. "It's good to see you too... Hairi." Kageyama responded with a straight face.

"Oh! If I'm not mistaken, you must be Hinata!" Hairi grinned. "Yes. That's right." Hinata forced a smile. "Do you know me?" Hairi asked. "Yeah. I do." Hinata replied.

Hinata gasped very lightly when Kageyama grabbed his hand and intertwined their finger. Because of the stall, it was not visible to others that they were holding hands.

"I'm glad!" Hairi said. "Who wants some hot chocolate?" Miwa exited their home and joined them in the backyard, oblivious of the situation. Mr. Kageyama joined soon after her.

"Oh. Hairi." Miwa paused in her tracks while she was carrying 7 hot chocolate mugs on a tray. "Hey, Miwa." She waved. "What brings you here?" She asked with a nervous smile.

"Well, we are going to organize a Christmas Party tomorrow. We wanted to invite everyone in this neighborhood so we walked around and came across Mrs. Kageyama's stall." Mrs. Katano explained.

"Christmas party? Tomorrow?" Akaashi spoke up. "Yes. It'll be held in the evening so you guys can have dinner and then head back home." Hairi explained.

Kageyama squeezed Hinata's hand. "It's alright," Hinata whispered to Kageyama with a warm smile. "I hope so," Kageyama whispered back. "I hope you'll be able to make it tomorrow! Bring your family too, Hinata!" Hairi spoke up.

"Yeah! Thanks!" Hinata replied with a forced smile. "Would you like some hot chocolate?" Miwa offered. "It's alright, we're good! Bye! Enjoy!" Mrs. Katano said and walked away from their stall.

"Mom..." Kageyama spoke up. "Don't tell me you're friends with Mrs. Katano." He added. "No, no! I really am not! She's just always inviting us to parties and stuff which is the only reason why we're friendly with her!" Mrs. Kageyama explained.

"I need a break." Kageyama let go of Hinata's hand and headed back home. "Tobi!" Hinata called out but Kageyama ignored him and left them. "Hinata, can you perhaps talk to him?" Akaashi asked with a sigh in the beginning. "Yes, of course." Hinata nodded before going after Kageyama.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Tobio?" Hinata knocked on their room door. "Come in." Kageyama's muffled voice was heard. Hinata turned the doorknob and entered the room. "Are you alright?" Hinata asked when he saw Kageyama sitting on an armchair, his one hand slowly rubbing his temples.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Come here." He responded and looked at Hinata. Hinata walked up to him and Kageyama pulled him in between his legs and wrapped his arms around Hinata's waist. Squeezing him into a back hug.

Hairi Katano. She was Kageyama's classmate. And his crush. Well, it was requited love since she also had a crush on him. They started dating and it was going well for over 4 months. Until Kageyama's dad passed down his company to Kageyama as he turned 17.

Kageyama got so busy with it, temporarily ignoring his relationship with her. This obviously angered her and they broke up not on bad terms. Yes, they broke up on good terms. Understanding each other's busy life. But still, it left Kageyama broken because of all the hurtful words she told him.

This all took place on a Christmas night, a year later after Ryoko and Kageyama broke up.

One Christmas night, he lost hope in love.

"Stay like this for some... time." Kageyama inhaled the latter's calming scent as he snuggled his face in Hinata's shoulder. "Sure." Hinata slowly sank into his embrace, nuzzling his cheek on Kageyama's cheek.

"She seemed to have moved on," Hinata spoke up. "Yeah. I did too. Don't you think?" Kageyama mumbled. "Of course, you moved on but... she left an impact on you, it's still visible," Hinata replied. "You're only saying that because you know our whole story." Said Kageyama.

He exhaled slowly. Hinata flinched a bit as his warm breath came in contact with his skin. "Are you going to the party tomorrow? Because your mother is planning on going." Hinata spoke up. "I don't want to," Kageyama replied. "It's alright. We'll have dinner and head back home early." Hinata reassured. "Fine. If you say so." Kageyama agreed hesitantly. "Alright. Let's head back to our stall." Hinata stood up. "Yeah. Let's go." Kageyama agreed.

When they got to their backyard, they were having the hot chocolate that Miwa had prepared. "Here are yours," Miwa said and handed them both two mugs. "Thanks." Hinata smiled and she smiled back.

Tomorrow is going to be filled with surprises.