Forever And Always

CHAPTER 15

"I want you to know,that I'm never leaving you

that I'm never leaving you."

KAGEYAMA'S P.O.V

"Thank you so much for coming." Hairi greeted us as we stepped into the decently crowded party hall. Shoyo greeted her back... but I didn't. We walked past her after that- heading to look for a table for us. Luckily a lot of tables were empty so we just picked one. "What would you like?" Shoyo asked. "Steak?" I answered. "Sure. I'll get one too." He said and stood up. "I'll bring it for us." He added and I nodded as he left to get us today's dinner.

I looked around, finding only unfamiliar faces. I saw my parents sitting together, Miwa talking to what seemed to be her friend. Bokuto and Keiji were sitting together, holding hands on the table's surface. How cute. I didn't know I'd enjoy seeing happy couples.

I sighed. I don't think Shoyo will be back soon so I took out my phone and started checking messages related to work. That includes Oikawa's texts. It's kind of awkward... attending your ex-girlfriend's party. "Hey, Tobio." I heard a very familiar voice call my name. I looked up to see... Hairi.

Speak of the devil.

"Hi," I replied shortly. I don't want to continue this conversation. "We didn't get to talk so well the previous day." She said as she sat on Shoyo's chair.

Excuse me? Who allowed you?

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked, unamused. "Nothing in particular, just how's everything?" She asked. "I've been doing very well lately. Things are also going very well. What else do you want to know?" I replied. "Wow! Well... Uhm... are you dating anyone?" She asked. "Why do you care?" I glared at her. "I'm just curious! Nothing more!" She chuckled nervously.

"What if I say yes?" I questioned. "Congrats then! Who's it?" She interrogated. "Shoyo," I answered directly. "Hinata? Really? You're bisexual?" She sent me a confused look. "None of your business." I groaned. "Well... I heard he's a travel-vlogger." She said. "Yes, he indeed is," I stated.

"I wonder how much busier he is than you are." She tapped her chin with her index finger as though in deep thought. "What do you mean?" I queried.

"You see, what if he's always traveling from this country to that country and doesn't stay in the same place as you. You won't be able to meet each other or spend time together." She explained. "What if he even starts getting distant from you?" She said by adding a worried tone to her voice and words.

"That shouldn't be your concern. We're happy together right now and that's all that matters. What happens next, we'll handle it together. Don't worry." I shot her a sharp glare. I very well know this conversation with her is just about trying to make me break up with Shoyo. She's just being indirect.

"Whoa... whoa! I'm sorry. I hope you both have a happy and healthy relationship ahead. Thanks for coming." She surrendered and walked away from our table. Thank god.

I don't care if she felt bad and now was gonna kick me out of her party. It's not like I wanted to come in the first place.

"What were you both talking about?" I heard Shoyo arrive. "Ah! Nothing important." I smiled at him. "Mm-Hmm. I see." He placed the two plates of steak on the table before taking his seat. "Looks delicious," I remarked before picking up the fork and knife.

"Tobio. You sure you're not hiding something from me?" He asked out of the blue. "Yeah! Why do you ask?" I answered. "You look bothered." He replied. "I do?" I looked at him. He looked dead serious. He had this frown on his face and a piercing gaze that was fixed on me. I sighed. "Okay... listen." I started. "Listening." He replied.

"Hairi just tried to provoke me so that we break up," I answered. "I know. I heard everything." He stated. "You... you did?" I widened my eyes slightly. "Absolutely. And I don't think that is the reason why you are feeling bothered." He folded his arms on the table.

How did he know?

"Yeah... you might be right." I accepted in defeat. "Speak." He ordered. Damn, he was being dominant. "Her words might have made me think... a bit." I obeyed. "Think of what?" He asked. I lowered my head. "I was wondering if she might be right," I said. "Can you be a bit specific?" He requested. "Is it true you'll grow distant from me because you'll be busy traveling here and there?" I looked at him, deep into his eyes.

"I don't think so." He started. "I have holidays too. Plus I don't stay in a country for more than a week. So if I go to Brazil in January, after a week I'll be back. Which means I'm free the rest of the month." He explained. "I see." I nodded. "Don't worry. You'll be loaded with your work that you won't notice how quickly time flies. A week will feel like nothing." He reassured, finally smiling.

"Yeah. We'll meet a lot! Okay?" I smiled back. "Yes. I can promise you that." He giggled. "You're scary when you're serious!" I sighed in relief. "Sorry about that." He apologized. "I'm sorry if it feels like I doubted you. I just don't wanna repeat the same mistakes." I explained. "I understand. I'm not leaving you that easily to begin with." He smirked. I focused back on my steak.

"I'm glad." I smiled. "Shoyo." I started. "Hmm?" He hummed in response. "I'll be going back tomorrow." I continued. "I know that." He replied. "I guess I'll leave early," I added. "Make sure to wake me up so I can bid my goodbyes." He informed. "I want to spend more time with you," I said. "We will again." He giggled. "Don't feel down." He added. "I want to see you smile while you leave Miyagi." He ended.

"I'll make sure to remember that." I smiled softly. "I love you..." I started. "Forever and always," I added. "I love you too." He replied. "Forever and always." He added.

Forever and always.