You rolled your eyes at him, unable to help yourself.

'Are you serious? Have you looked in the mirror? You're wearing that,' you said, eyeing his all-black designer suit, 'and then there's me,' you plucked at the shirt you were wearing.

'So?' Mr. Lee said, taking a sip of his tea.

'Ugh, you wouldn't understand,' you grumbled, looking away from him.

'Try me,' he said calmly.

You bit your lip.

Your father's words echoed in your head.

"Well, because you're a girl of course. You wouldn't be able to handle it nor would anyone take you seriously,"

You looked at Mr. Lee, who was looking at you seriously. So far, he had not let you down...

You took a deep breath before you spoke.

'This is... important to me. I want to be taken seriously. I don't think I will be unless my outfit matches yours,' you said honestly.

Mr. Lee nodded slowly, seeming to take in your words. He checked his watch then took out his phone, dialing a number.

You looked at him confused but when you opened your mouth to speak he held up a hand for you to be quiet as the person on the other end of the line picked up.

'Hello, Mrs. Jaedansa? Hi, it's Lee Dong Wook,' he spoke. The person on the other end of the line was clearly a woman since her high-pitched squeals reached even your ears.

'Yes, can you open up shop early today?' Mr. Lee asked, looking at me and smiling.

You blinked.

'No, it's not for me. It's for my girl,' he said grinning at you.

Fourty-five minutes later you were sitting in the car next to Mr. Lee, wearing a brand new luxury brand dark red-velvet suit.

'Thank you,' you mumbled for the millionth time to Mr. Lee.

'If you say that again I will not take it seriously anymore,' Mr. Lee chuckled.

'We're almost there,' Mr. Lee followed, 'Is there anything you like to say or know before we get in?' he asked.

'What is it about?' you asked.

'We're going to visit Gisul Enterprises, a tech company who had agreed to invest with me into a new project to develop office buildings,' Mr. Lee explained, 'However, they recently had a change of heart about their investment. That was what the phone call was about yesterday,'

Mr. Lee took a left turn and you hummed to let him know you were listening.

'They want to back out of their investment because they learned of my... other activities. They're even prepared to give up on the deposit they have already paid me,' Mr. Lee frowned.

'So what are you going to do?' you asked, thinking about how your father usually dealt with these kinds of problems. You didn't think you were ready for such things just yet...

'Oh, nothing much,' Mr. Lee grinned darkly. 'Just a chat that's all. Most of the time it's enough to change their minds,'

You nodded slowly, wondering what Mr. Lee really had up his sleeve.

'Alright, anything I can do?' you asked, guessing the answer.

'I don't know. But please don't hesitate to speak your mind if you have anything to say or ask,' Mr. Lee said simply.

His answer surprised you. You had expected him to ask you to stay quiet and not do anything. But he had said the exact opposite. A warm feeling filled your chest.

Mr. Lee truly was different.

---------------------------------

WRITERS NOTE

This chapter was literally hell to write ugh.
I was halfway thru it when I wanted to save and I accidentally published it.
Then when I wanted to UNpublish it, I accidentally deleted the entire thing! UGH. Frustration all around. Had to start over completely.

Anyway, I promise, promise, promise that there will be smut soon 😅.
Somehow this story is demanding so much background while I was planning for this to be just absolute filth?
I don't know what happened XD.
Anyway, hang in there.
Mr. Lee will satisfy your needs soon enough ;)