That Damn Giggles / Twenty - One

Start from the beginning

"WAIT! Your mum makes dresses?" she asks, excitedly.

"Yeah!" I reply, smiling, "She always make clothes for me all the time. She even made this hat for me." pointing at the hat I'm wearing.

"That is cute." Pansy smiles as we walk into the pub, looking for the boys through the crowd of people.

"Oh! There they are." She points at the back of the pub, waving at Blaise. "Why do they sit so far back?" she huffs, rolling her eyes as we push past people.

"How's the dress hunting, ladies?!" Theo chuckles, as soon as we sit down in our seats.

"No good, none of the dresses fits me well but they have luck on their side." I complain, rolling my eyes jokingly, smiling as Pansy and Daphne giggle.

"What are you trying to find anyways?" Draco asks, drinking his butterbeer.

"Just a long silk dress, maybe with layers but if I can't find more blue ones, I'm just gonna buy an emerald green one, you know... house pride" I say as Draco nods, "or I'm gonna owl my mum to make me a blue one."

Why the fuck did I just said that to him? And why he did ask? What does he want to know?

I look at him carefully as he starts to talk about something but I was concentrating on his mind that I can't hear a word he's saying.

The only thing I got from his mine that he just wants to go back to his dorm.

"Right?" he says, looking back at me, snapping me back into reality.

"What-?" I ask, looking at him confused.

"I was talking about Potter. The fact that he cheated to get more fame?" he raises an eyebrow.

I sigh at his behaviour when it comes to Harry.

"Why don't you just let it go, Malfoy?" I state, "He's getting enough hate and shit from that Skeeter woman already. And I don't think he wants more fame than he already has now. It's too much for him." I exhale, getting a scoff from him. 

Did he just... scoff? At me?

"You ask for my opinion and you get it, so stop complaining." I snap, standing up, walking away.

Silence was loud at the table after that.

"Let's go back." I hear Pansy says awkwardly as she also gets up from her seat, breaking the silence. Daphne following behind her.

"Yeah we should." Daphne huffs, walking away quickly, not wanting to speak much and follow me out of the pub.

Along the way, I saw Harry smiling at me, Ron looking up at me and Hermione mouthing, "Thank you." which I reply back with, "No problem."

On the way to the castle, Pansy decide to stay back with me so we can discuss on which color I should wear for the ball.

"I think blue." she nods, running her fingers through her hair, "I mean whichever color you like but I vote for blue." she says, smiling.

"Then blue it is" I agree, walking into the castle.

~~~~~~~~~

DRACO'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really don't know how much longer I can handle with this bet till the ball, well after the ball. I have been nice to her all this week but all she does is snaps at me. She's so stubborn and I can't lose this bet to that Theo git either, I'll never lose at anything, not even this.

Maybe I should try bit harder.

As we walk into the common room, Hela instantly walk up the girls' dormitory saying that she's gonna owl her mum and be right back. 

I sit down on the couch, talking with everyone as we eat the candy I bought from Honeydukes. Hela appears minutes later.

"Hey! Wait for me too." Hela giggles as she comes down the stairs and sits next to Theo's legs on the floor and starts talking to him about something.

After a while later, she nudges me on the arm.

"Give me some." she says, holding out her hand in front of me.

"What?" I look at her completely lost.

"Some candy?" she raises her eyebrow, still looking at me.

Wasn't she mad at me like 20 minutes ago?

"Oh." I clear my throat as I look around me to find new candy boxes but only finding two Chocolate Frogs left, "I only have these left." putting them in her hand.

"It's alright, I love these too." she smiles as she open up the box, turning around and start eating while she talks to Blaise.

I look at her, laughing at his stupid jokes. 

What's so funny about his jokes anyways?

Everything went quiet and muffled as I watch her, stare at her. It's like she's the only girl in the whole world. She always brings joy to the group and some anger to me. 

That's what she only does to me anyways.

But at the same time, she would crack some jokes or turn some serious moments into sarcastic ones to cheer people up.

She's just something.

I quickly look away, pretending to look at the fireplace when she looks at me again as my breathing hitches.

What is she doing to me? How is she doing this to me?

I hear her slightly giggles before she continues her conversation with Blaise.

That damn giggles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this sucks

vote/ comment/ share <3