CHAPTER 24: ONLY YOU

Once upon a time we had it all

Somewhere down the line we went and lost it

One brick at a time we watched it fall

I'm broken here tonight and darling, no one else can fix me

Only you, only you

And no one else can fix me, only you

LITTLE MIX

The nationals already over

The nationals already over. Fukurodani won the second place this year, bringing back a silver medal. Coach yamiji is so proud of his boys, bringing all of them to a barbecue place and let them eat to all their heart out to celebrate their victory. 

"It's been so long since we got to spend time together!" koutaro shouts happily as they take their places in the restaurant. 

"Yes especially with akaashi-san here too" onaga agrees to their captain. 

"Now, let us enjoy before focusing on our exams. We should reward ourselves for our hard works!" the team then start to hog all of the food that was prepared for them.

~~~

By now, they are eating half of the food. 

"Say, Akaashi, is everything okay?" Keiji was startled when washio suddenly asks him this question. 

He knows that everything is not okay, and now his teammates want to confront him about this whole situation. He expected this to happen, but still don't know how to react to this kind of question. 

"Yes. You've been so distant to us for so long" koutaro asks while pouting, didn't bother to hide his sadness.

Y/n just keep quiet, seeing how this whole situation will unfold. She knows clearly whatever the reason is, she will always be on keiji's side. 

"I'm sorry if I made it look like I was trying to ignore you guys. But please, give me some times until I can explain my whole situation to all of you" keiji bows to his teammates. He loves them so much, clearly he does all of these for them, to protect their club from being dismissed as his parents threatened him. He knows that if he tells them everything, they would understand. But he's ashamed, to think what kind of expressions his friends will make to hear how unprofessional his parents were, to put the volleyball's team at stake in order to threat their child to do better in studies. Also, there's nothing that can be done to fix this whole situation he is in, he tried to find a solution to escape it, but the only reasonable thing to do is to comply his parents.