Chapter 20 Dessert

Start from the beginning

RUBY POV

Ruby:*yawn* "Is it morning already?". Hmm feels so lazy.

I turn my face to my left to see Yang, her one arm is inside her cloth she must be scratching like usual heh, she's always like this. She still has one left. I whispered to Yang's ear telling her I'm going downstairs first.

I stretch a little then I see Oscar cooking in the kitchen I decided to surprise him a little.

Ruby:"Hehe, let's sneak up and give him a shock".

I step carefully take my steps to get closer to him.

Ruby:"GOOD MORNING!".

Oscar:"Aargh!!!". Who?! Ruby?! What's she thinking giving me a shock like that."Ruby, you scared me, I felt like my heart was going to stop". She's ... Still in her pajamas?.

Ruby:"That bad? Sorry. So, what are we having for breakfast?".

Oscar:"Pancakes it's the only thing I can coo-"

Ruby:"WHAT?!?!?!".

Oscar:"Ack! Ruby, do you really need to shout like that? If you don't like pancakes just say it don't have to turn up your volume that high".

Ruby:"No you don't understand we need to hide, quick, under that table".

Oscar:"What, why?".

She pulled me under the table and hug me. I can feel her soft skin, she's very close to me.

Oscar:"Uuhhh, Ruby? Ermm we're too close".

Ruby:"Hush it, she's coming".

Oscar:"Who?". Suddenly I hear someone sniffs while walking down from upstairs. Weird how can someone sniff so loud is that even possible?. I take a quick peek and find Nora, she's the one who sniffs that loudly but, why though. My collar got pulled by Ruby while I was wondering about Nora sudden weird behaviour.

Ruby:"How many?".

Oscar:"What? How many?".

Ruby:"Yes! You deaf or something?! I asked you how many?!".

Oscar:"How many what?!".

Frying pan Oscar was using to cook fell from the stove, it's empty, we hear swift movements coming from everywhere it's as if we are being cornered by a wild animal.

Ruby:"The pancakes how many?".

Ruby ask Oscar with a low voice.

Oscar:"I don't know, I just cook them I think I made three plates of them each one has at least five of 'em or something like that and I put them on that table".

Oscar point his finger to the living room. Unbeknownst to us Nora was next to Oscar all this time. She whispered something to Oscars ears.

Nora:"I H E A R Y O U OSCAR".

Ruby hug Oscar tightly fearing Nora would harm him though her fear is unnecessary as Nora dash her way to the table with pancakes that Oscar cooked.

Ruby:"Great now we need to order from quick grab, I'll grab my scroll and order some stuff".

Oscar:"Yeah it's already near 9 alright".

Ruby:"Watch over her Oscar".

Oscar:"I will. I don't feel safe".

Ruby:"You're fine just don't whip up another plate for her".

I go up and grab my scroll. I go back quickly so Oscar won't get any scratch from Nora but, Oscar looks different is it Ozpin?.

Ruby:"Uuhhh... Headmaster Ozpin? Is that you?".

Ozpin:"Yes, I see you've had your scroll in your hand please order food that are nutritious for us. I planned to have everyone training in the early morning but seeing this is the first day I'll let it slide. Please go wake up your friends we'll start as soon as everyone finished their food".

Ruby:"Way ahead of you".

Ozpin:"Oh and Ms.Rose".

Ruby:"Hmm?".

Ozpin:"Please, change your wearing, we have a kid among us".

Ruby:"Uhh who?".

Ozpin:"...Hurry up now".

Ruby left to the upstairs while Ozpin tease Oscar a little.

Everyone is now at the table and eat together with one person missing. Ruby tell Ozpin she couldn't find (y/n) this catches Yang's attention. Ozpin says he send (y/n) on an errand some believe on what he said and some did not, noticably Yang. She asks him about (y/n) whereabout Ozpin only reply with "somewhere safe for us to go to after we retrieve what we need". She was annoyed and asked Ozpin if he has forgotten the talk they have had just yesterday. Qrow tries to calm down his niece and explain their plan, of course his words are just made up but it's for the better.

Qrow:"Relax kid, we're at the table you're going to make the food taste bad".

Yang look at her uncle coldly.

Yang:"Do you know where he is?".

Qrow:"Of course and you know why I can't tell you".

Yang:"No no I don't".

Qrow: *scoff* "Heh, look around you how many huntsman can you see? Not more than two and there's 6 kids to be look after. We don't have the luxury to boldly move around so we take measures for your good".

Yang:"We're here to fight not shadowing hunstmans"

Qrow:"In case you've forgotten none of you ever finished your training, this is a wild world we're living in it's not a place for princes and princesses. Remember all of you chose this so you need to listen to us as it stands now everyday is just a step away from death for all of you".

Yang:"You're holding us back".

Qrow:"We're shaping you up".

It get silence for a minute.

Ozpin:"Tomorrow we'll meet Lionheart at the afternoon and by evening we'll go to where (y/n) is".

(Y/N) POV

(y/n):" Vacuo, sand is a staple food around here I guess. This place is not for those with a weak heart".

Someone from behind me agree with my statement. I look around and saw a girl dressed fashionably, Coco Adel, and a handsome fella, Fox Alistair.

Coco:" True this place is rough, not much to my taste".

Fox:"There's a storm that'll come very soon let's head to our shelter".

(y/n):" Let's go then".