Chapter 18 Tale to Tell

Raven:"Won't you touch the tea I just poured for you?".

Raven took a long sip from her cup, still inviting her daughter and her friends for the tea, Weiss doesn't have any problem but Yang, she wants nothing but answer to her question while (y/n) drink the tea and I am looking nowhere but at the small round table where they gather around.

Yang wanted to ask about Ruby but she's still angered by the fact that her mother captured Weiss, she begins to throw many questions and making assumptions, Raven didn't say anything until Yang finished then she spoke.

Raven:"Yang, you should keep your priority straight, your sister or your friend? you don't actually thought we have all the time in the world did you?"

Yang grunts.

Yang:"Fine, take me to Ruby".

Raven:"And how exactly do you expect me to bring you to her? I have my tribe to be look after".

Yang:"I know you can, dad already told me how your semblance works, emotional attachment to certain someone let you have a portal leading to them one each, you have one for me and for uncle".

Raven:"By that, were you implying I have no feeling for your sister?".

Yang:"Must you change the subject everytime I ask you about something? I can't imagine how you live".

Raven:"You want to know?".

Yang:"Huh?".

Raven:"If you want to go, then you need to at least learn the truth".

Weiss:"What do you mean?".

Raven:"You know nothing about this world and honestly despite me having more knowledge about Remnant it's still little to nothing".

Yang:"What are you trying to say?".

Raven:"A story, Yang, it all begins with Ozpin".

Weiss:"Ozpin?"

Raven:"Back in the day, when I was young, together with my brother we went to Beacon, like any other students we go with hope to learn combat we're pretty famous but we also had another reason can you guess?".

Weiss:"To.....learn how the world works? You know because you lived in here".

Raven:"Life lessons are not received from school but I supposed your answer is something to be expected".

Weiss was annoyed by Raven she didn't want to be look as the prim and proper girl who only obey, unfortunately the path to change is never easy, Yang try to guess.

Yang:"You needed money, for the tribe?".

Raven:"Not quite but you're close".

I stayed silent unable to say anything until a memory spark to remind me how Raven was and I guess correctly.

(y/n):"To kill".

Raven:"What's that dear?".

(y/n):"Killing huntsman and huntress, you learn about them so it'll be easier to take their lives".

Weiss and Yang look at me in shocked before slowly looking back at Raven no words could describe how absurd Raven's ideas was, become a huntress to kill huntress, hunstman to kill hunstman.

Yang was agitated she stand in furious.

Yang:"Is it true?, Why?, Why did you do that? Why were you with father?! What of team STRQ?! What are they to you?! Who is Summer to you?! ....what am I to you?....".

The atmosphere around us becomes heavier.

Weiss hold Yang's arm to calm her, she gently pull Yang back to her seat. Raven just sighed a little. Raven continue her story like nothing happened.