Chapter 108: New Year's Eve - Part 1

Later That Night.

I knocked on the bathroom door, still hearing the shower running.
"I'm almost done." Jake called out. I opened the door, peeking my head inside.
"It's just me, I need to get ready." I said. "And Ronnie's been in the other bathroom for a while now."

Jake pulled back the curtain, sticking his head out.
"Oh, are you coming in?" He asked, flashing me a smile. I felt my cheeks burn.
"No." I laughed, going over to the sink.
"Why not? It'll be faster.." He said, giggling to himself, running his fingers through his wet hair. I peeked over at him, shaking my head.

"Oh, come here.." He sighed, grabbing onto my robe, pulling me towards him.
"Jake!" I laughed, moving away. "Your whole family is here." He rolled his eyes, smirking at me.
"Well, they're not in here.." He said, his eyes getting wider. "No one's gonna know." He motioned towards the shower again. My heart started beating faster as he reached out, gently pulling open the the tie on my robe.

"You know you want to, so why pretend like you don't?" He laughed, reaching over, pulling me into a kiss. I sighed, slipping off my robe and making my way in. His smile grew as his hands moved into my hair, kissing me back harder. I slowly moved my hands up his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"You're so beautiful." He sighed, his lips moving down to my neck. My heart started beating faster as his kisses got harder. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Jake?" They called out, opening it. My stomach dropped. It was Sam. Jake shot me a look, putting his finger over his lips.
"Yeah?" He called out, peeking out from the curtain. "What is it? I'll be out in a minute."
"Well, hurry up, we all need to get ready."
"Then kick Ronnie out, she's been in the other bathroom for over an hour."
"Just hurry up." He said, closing the door behind him. Jake sighed, closing the curtain and turning back towards me.

"You finish getting ready." He said, kissing me again, giving me a subtle smile. He stepped out, grabbing his towel, tightly wrapping it around his waist. I quickly showered and reached out, grabbing my robe from the floor, tossing it back on.

"Just.. wait a few minutes before you leave." He said softly, leaning in, gently kissing my cheek before walking out and shutting the door behind him. I wrapped my hair in a towel, drying off as best as I could before I finally made my way out into the hallway where I was instantly face to face with Sam. My whole body went cold. He stared down at me, his face dropping.
"Sam.." I said, biting down on my lip. His cheeks burned.
"I.. um.. S-sorry.." He said, pushing his way past me, quickly going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

In that moment, I felt like I could melt right into the floor.

I made my way back into Jake's room before I had to face anyone else. He turned to face me as he heard his door close.
"What's wrong?" He asked, smirking over at me. It must have been written all over my face.
"Nothing." I sighed, going over to my bag. "I just.. I ran into Sam." He laughed to himself as he started getting dressed.
"Oh, that's fine, what does he care?" He said, shaking his head. I nodded, forcing a smile.
"Y-yeah.."

He reached up, sliding his jacket on, turning to me.
"You need help getting zipped up?" He asked, smirking at me as he handed me my dress. I nodded.
"Yes." I said, smiling back at him. I slipped it on and turned my back to him, lifting up my hair. My heart started beating faster as I felt his fingers sliding up my back. I then felt his lips on my neck. I quickly turned around, flashing him a smile. He looked me up and down, his smile growing.

"What if we just stayed in here tonight?" He laughed, taking my hand, twirling me around. I laughed, playing along and spinning around.
"You look too good to just stay in your room all night." I said, moving in closer, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands moved down to my waist, pulling me closer.
"Yeah.. so do you." He sighed. "I just want to be with you tonight." He said softly, staring back at me with his same dazed look.
"Well, I'm gonna be with you all night." I said, pulling him in closer, my eyes moving down to his lips. His smile grew as he reached up, gently holding my face in his hands, pulling me into a kiss.

"Hey.. before everyone gets here.. I wanna do something." He said, taking my hand.
"What?" I asked, my heart beating faster. He bit down on his lip, smirking back at me as he lead me out of his room, grabbing one of his jackets on the way out, handing it to me.
"Here.." He said. I quickly put it on, following him close.
"Where are we going?" I laughed, catching up to him. He smiled back at me, leading me over to the bus. He motioning up towards the ladder. My cheeks burned.
"The roof?" I asked. He nodded, climbing up first and reaching his hand down to help me up the rest of the way.

"And what are we doing up here?" I asked. He took my hand, guiding over towards the middle of the bus, helping me lie down.
"Well.. you said that you wished our first kiss was that night up here.." I bit down on my lip, feeling my heart beat faster.
"I did." I said softly.

"So.." He said, turning his head to look at me. "What are we looking at now?"
"Well, for starters.." I said, staring back up at the sky. "You see that spot right there?"
"Over there?" He asked. I shook my head, giggling to myself, reaching out and grabbing his hand, moving it over.
"Right there.." I said. "That's Jupiter."
"Really?" He asked, peeking back over at me. I nodded, my smile growing.
"Mhm.." I heard him sigh, holding his stare on me.
"You're so smart." He said softly. I turned to face him, my heart beating faster. I reached over, holding his hand, intertwining our fingers. I felt him squeeze my hand a little tighter.

He then propped himself up onto his arm, staring down at me with a gentle smile, and finally leaned in, gently kissing me on my lips. I reached up, holding his face in my hands as I pulled him in closer, kissing him back. I felt him smile as he backed away.
"Hey.. this is supposed to be our first kiss." He giggled, his cheeks burning.
"Well, I would have kissed you back then too." I said softly. "And I'm gonna be kissing you back all night." His smile grew as he stared back at me, wide-eyed.
"Oh, god I hope so." He laughed, pulling me back into a series of kisses.

It was then we saw headlights pulling into the driveway. He sighed, backing away, leaning his forehead against mine.
"We can never catch a break, can we?" He whispered, rolling his eyes.
"Well, soon no one will be able to barge in on us." I said, smirking back at him. He cheeks burned as he bit down on his lip.
"I can't wait to be able to come home to you, and only you, every night." He sighed, quickly kissing my cheek, making his way towards the ladder.

"But until then.. let's go party."