Chapter 12: Public Eye

I waited a minute before I followed Jake into the main area of the bus. I'm sure they all would suspect something happened based on how red Jake's face was when he left. I'd have to answer to it at some point. 

Sliding open the door, I saw the guys all getting ready, tossing their shirts over their heads and attempting to share the one tiny bathroom that could barely fit one person. Sam peeked over at me smiling and motioning his head over towards Jake with an excited smile. I rolled my eyes smirking. He obviously knew something happened. 

I went back into my room to quickly get ready for wherever we were headed today. When I came back out, they were all waiting in the front of the bus, either on their phones or talking amongst each other. I grabbed my camera bag and sat next to Sam on the couch.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked.
"We're gonna get to the venue a little earlier today so we figured it'd be cool to walk around town, see what's around, maybe grab some lunch. Management said that people have started lining up earlier and earlier each show, so we thought it'd be nice to meet some of them before the show too."
"Oh, that'll be nice." I said.
"Yeah, so that'll be a great opportunity for more photos." Danny said.
"You got it." I smiled.

When we felt the bus stop, one by one we made our way down the steps into the hot sun. It was blaring today. Looking around, I couldn't even tell you where we were.
"Where's the venue?" Josh asked. Danny looked at his phone.
"Should be around this cover, one block down." 

I took out my camera, tossing the strap around my neck, letting it bounce against my chest as we walked down the street. Jake walked up next to me, gently brushing his hand against mine. I smiled, but before moving my hand into his, I noticed the line already fully formed outside the venue. I shook my head. He smirked, and moved his hand away, shoving them into his pockets.

"Hey guys!" Sam yelled out. I hung back and took a few photos of the ecstatic fans. Some screamed, some frantically waved. I couldn't help but smile at how excited they were. 

Click. Click. Click.

"Josh! Over here!" a group yelled. He smiled, walking over and gave them all hugs. Looking down the line, I noticed how many were already done up and looked gorgeous. I felt my cheeks burning. The fact that any of the guys could have whoever those chose. I felt my stomach drop a little, but continued taking photos.
"Jake!" another group yelled. He went over, smiling and leaning over the barricade to take photos with them all. I took one photo, and moved on. 

"You guys excited for the show tonight?" I heard Sam say to a few more fans down the line. He was signing albums, leaning over and taking photos as well. They all talked fast, and you could hear the nerves in their voices. It felt funny knowing Sam was in my bedroom just hours before, giving me advice on his brothers, and now there were girls outside crying over him. 

Click. Click. Click. 

I made my way down the line, snapping more photos until the fans eventually caught on to who I was and started posing, or asking for photos to be taken of them. I took a few to humor them, but continued down the line.

"Oh my god, how lucky.." I heard them whisper as I walked down the sidewalk, catching up with the guys. 
"She gets to be with them all the time." 
"I wonder if she's dating one of them.
"Oh my god, probably. Ugh! How?" 
"You're so much prettier than her, don't worry." 
"Don't worry, I doubt she's with any of them." 

I had heard enough. I could feel my face getting hot as I quickly walked down the street, and waited at the bus. I looked through some of my photos hoping that one of the guys would come back after they made their way down the line. There were a lot of them, so I didn't expect anyone for a little while.