Chapter 82: Anything for You

"Is the video really doing that well?" I asked, looking up at Josh. He shrugged, slowly intertwining our fingers.
"You know, I haven't really looked since it went live either. Most of our hype never really came from the music videos, so the label didn't really push them as much. But.. I actually have an interview about it in a few minutes.. if you maybe.. wanted to sit in? They're probably gonna wanna talk about you too." He giggled, peeking down at me. "Might as well give your own input." 

I felt my heart start to beat faster. The last thing I had wanted was attention for the video, especially considering Jake, but the circumstances have changed a little..

"You.. really think that's a good idea?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn. He smiled down at me, nodding.
"Well, you heard them outside. They love it. They actually seemed more excited about you than me." He laughed, leaning in closer. I couldn't help but smile.
"That.. was kinda cool." I said quietly, giggling to myself. He nodded.
"So, I can only imagine what they're all saying online." He said, smiling back. "But we can check it out before the interview so we know what we're getting into." He laughed, leading me backstage.

Sam looked down at us from the stage, his eyes shooting over to me.
"W-where are you guys going?" He asked, grabbing his bass.
"I have an interview." Josh said plainly. "And Jess is gonna sit in with me."
"O-oh.. okay.." He said softly, his face dropping. I peeked back at him before we turned into one of the dressing rooms. He was still staring back at me. I quickly looked away, feeling my cheeks burn.

"So.." Josh said, sitting down on one of the couches. He pulled his laptop out of his bag, placing it on his lap. "I'm.. I'm not entirely sure of what happened with Jake, but.. I'm not dumb. I can tell something happened or else.. you wouldn't be here with me right now." My cheeks burned as my heart started beating faster.

"We.. broke up." I said quietly. "And I think..  it's for good." He looked back up at me, wide-eyed.
"Oh." He said, biting down on his lip. I nodded, looking away.
"Yeah.." He held his stare on me, his cheeks getting redder.

"I'm sorry." He said. I sighed, sitting down next to him.
"No you're not." I managed, forcing a smile. He smirked back at me, his cheeks burning.
"I mean.." He started, holding his stare on me. "I.." He sighed, shaking his head. "I am. I know you're hurting. You.. you love him. And I heard you the other night.. I just.. I didn't know for sure but.. I am sorry, Jess. I never want to see you hurt like that." 

I felt my heart beating faster as he held his stare on me.
"Thank you." I said softly, leaning my head on his shoulder. I felt him move closer to me, our legs brushing up against each other.
"So, let's see what we're working with." I sighed as Josh pulled up the video.

"Wow.." He said, scrolling through. "They were right. We.. never get this many comments on a video." I sat up to get a better look, reading as much as I could as he scrolled.

"Amazing to see something so honest. I think more bands should use their actual significant others in their music videos. It's so much more believable. This is truly a work of art. I hope it gets the attention it deserves. More artists should take note. Can't wait to see more from them."

"Their actual significant other.." I said softly. I heard Josh giggle to himself.
"I guess we were believable." He said, peeking over at me. I held in my smile as best as I could. I scrolled back up to watch the video again. James really did make it look beautiful. It was hard to believe that Josh and I weren't actually together. But maybe now that-

I quickly shook the thought.

"Everything about this video is magical. The writing, the music, the visuals. Who knew men could still be this romantic? They give me hope. I hope to one day experience a love like this."