Christmas disaster

A/n: I have been loving your reactions to the previous chapters so as always, comment and send me your ideas xoxo

"I'm Danielle, Evie's mother."

"I'm sorry, what?" I questioned, I felt like someone had put their hands in my chest and was squeezing my airways.

"This is Danielle Andrews, Evie's birth mother," Jessica explained.

"I'm sorry, but why was she never brought up during the entire adoption process?" Carina spoke up, clearly seeing that I couldn't speak. She's always been good in a crisis, which is one of the reasons why I love her.

"We hadn't been able to trace her throughout Evie's life so thought she was dead but then two weeks ago I was contacted by social services in Florida and Mrs Andrews was looking for Evie," she explained, signalling to my daughter who was stood clutching Waffle without an expression on her face. "All the necessary DNA tests have been done and I can confirm that she is definitely Evie's birth mother."

"So, in that case, I'm here for my daughter," Danielle I interrupted again before directing her attention to Evie, "Hi Baby, I'm your mommy, who's this?" She asked, signalling to the waffle who was slipping out of Evie's arms.

"Waffle," she murmured, scowling at the woman on the other side of the door.

"He's beautiful, we can take him to Florida with us." I don't know who this woman thought she was but I was not going to let her come into my family's home and talk about moving across the country with my daughter.

"Excuse me but you're not going to be taking anyone to Florida," I said, pulling Evie away from the door. "Evie is our's. Legally. You're nobody so I'd like you to step away from my home and don't come back."

"She's my daughter. And I'm not going to allow her to be raised by lesbians. There is no way on earth that I'm going to allow homosexuals to parent my daughter, I'd rather her adopted parents were homeless than gay," she spat.

"Harley, come get Evie!" Carina called up the stairs before turning back to Danielle and Jessica. "We have been chosen to be Evie's mothers by experienced professionals and my sexuality was never discussed and never became a factor so I'm not going to let it come into conversation now. Just because I happen to have a wife instead of a husband does not hinder my parenting capabilities and I happen to love my little girl more than anyone else on the planet," Carina spat, her Italian rage surfacing. Harley then came down the stairs and quickly noticed Jessica so scooped Evie and Waffle up to take them into the living room.

Harley pov
I sort of knew what was going on. I'd come out of my room into the hallway when I heard voices but didn't want to intrude so I knew that the woman on the doorstep was my sister's birth mother; the idea of which was bizarre because Evie was basically an exact mix of my moms. Evie tucked her face into my chest and held Waffle against her own chest, the little puppy just licking her chin. "Are they going to take me away, Harley?" She murmured.

"Absolutely not," I replied, stroking my hand over her hair, "You're home with your mommies so they can't move you away now," I reassured, "And what would happen with waffle if you weren't here?" I joked.

"Would you look after him?"

"Of course I would but I won't need to, I promise," I said, readjusting her in my lap before petting the dog who was falling asleep. "I love you little bug," I whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you."

Carina pov
I actually could not believe the words coming out of this woman's mouth right now. She can't abandon a baby and then show up in my house five years later demanding to take my baby away and making homophobic comments, I wasn't going to let it happen. "Look, I don't want to cause any disruption, I'm just here for my girl and then I'll be out of your hair," Danielle shrugged.