Decision

A/n: As always, feel free to comments because I love to see what you think of the story xx
And message me with any ideas you have for how you want the story to go

October 20th
Thursday
Carina pov

"Jessica is ringing me," I said as Maya and I pulled into Evie's school.

"Answer it then," she said from the driver's seat.

"Okay okay," I picked up the phone and put it to my ear, "Hello."
Phone call
J: Hi. I was wondering if you would be able to come into my office later today with Evie? I have the other two families coming and I'm going to tell you my decision collectively.
C: Okay.. what time do you need us there?"
J: About 4, is that okay?
C: that's fine, we'll be there.

"We have to go into Jessica's office," I said to Maya.

"Yeah, I heard, she talks really loud," Maya nervously laughed.

"It's going to be fine. She's our little girl, there's no way anyone else was a better fit," I said, running my hand along the blonde's thigh.

"I hope so."

We walked hand in hand towards Evie's classroom and waited outside for her. Five minutes later, the kids came piling out of the room to their parents and Evie was one of the last ones out, eyes bright and a sparkling smile on her face. She ran straight to Maya with her arms open, ready to be lifted into the air. "Hey Baby," Maya said as Evie wrapped her legs around her waist.

"Hi," she said sweetly, resting her head down on Maya's shoulder. I stroked my hand over her hair and kissed the top of her head before we started walking to the car.

"Good day at school?" I asked as we started driving home.

"Yeah. I made you something," she said, pulling a piece of paper out of her backpack and handing it to me. It was a scribbled crayon drawing of for people, each with a label above them; the lady with yellow hair was 'Mommy', the lady with brown hair was 'Mama' and then the blonde girl was 'Harley'.

"It's beautiful, bambina," I smiled.

"Thanks," she said, holding her chin proudly in the air.

...

"Evie! We need to go!" I yelled up the stairs.

"No no no!" I heard her yell to Maya. I made my way up the stairs and found Maya trying to wrestle Evie's shoes and sweater on.

"What is going on?" I asked semi-sarcastically.

"I'm not going!" Evie said, wriggling around to get out of Maya's grasp. "She's going to take me away and I'm going to have to live somewhere horrible and she won't let you be my mommies!" She said, starting to cry and continuing to writhe around.

"Evie, that's not going to happen," I said softly, moving to sit beside her.

"Yes she is. That's why she wants us to go to her office, Mama. If you have to go there it's because she's moving me away," Evie sobbed.

"That's not going to happen, bambina. She probably has good news for us, but you won't find out if you don't let mommy put your shoes and sweater on," I said, stroking her hair with one hand and wrapping my other arm around her waist.

"Okay," she sniffled, allowing Maya to get her ready to leave.

When we got to Jessica's office building, I helped Evie out of the car and lifted her onto my hip. I then intertwined my spare hand with Maya's and led her into the building.

"Ah, hello," Jessica said, appearing in the building's reception. "How are you all today?" She asked, seeming jollier than usual.

"We are wonderful," Maya said with a wide smile, discreetly squeezing my hand.

"That's good. Follow me this way," she said, turning to walk down the hall, "Mike and Frances pulled out of the possible adoption earlier on today due to family matters, by the way. So, it's just Pete and Jenny that are here," Jessica explained, showing us into the office where a couple were sitting. "This is Pete and Jenny," she said, signalling to the happy looking couple. When Evie saw them she tucked her face into my neck and fiddled with the top of my shirt.

"Hi," Jenny said sweetly.

"Hi, I'm Carina and this is my wife Maya," I said, leaning forward to shake both of their hands.

"Nice to meet you both," Pete said.

"Okay," Jessica said, settling herself into her chair behind her desk, "A decision has been made," she said, opening a variation of folders and portfolios. "I have decided that Evie would be better off remaining with Maya and Carina as she is settled as is a part of their family." As soon as she said it I squeezed Maya's hand, a huge smile spread across my face and a slight tear in my eye.

"Okay. It was very nice to meet Evie and we'll be in touch about another possible adoption," Jenny said, standing up and leading Pete out of the room.

"Is that okay?" Jessica asked once the others had left the room.

"Of course it is," Maya smiled, "When we can we start the adoption?"

"I will begin to process it next week and your trial will be some time next month," Jessica smiled.

***
1 month later
"Okay, the final part is changing Evie's name. Is that something you want to do?" The judge asked as she scribbled on official documents.

"Yes please," I said, cuddling Evie in my lap with my chin rested on top of her head.

"Her current last name is Andrews, what are you intending changing it to?"

"Bishop, your honour," Maya replied politely. He then scribbled on some paper before looking back to us with a smile on his face.

"I can now say that Evie Bishop is officially the daughter of Maya and Carina Bishop, congratulations."