CHAPTER 44: A DISASTER

Third person POV:

As red and black thunder descended onto Tokoyami, his entire body was engulfed in shadows as more screams filled out the night. As the seconds went by, two giant moth wings formed out side of the shadowy orb. The shadows parted to reveal a giant dark moth was present. It hads large red eyes, a giant horn and two tusk like appendages on it's mouth. It let out a shriek as it still struggled with getting a raging dark shadow under control.

Midoriya: What happened, and how did he get like this?!?

Shoji: After Mandalay told us we could combat the villains, both of us were on high alert. Still, one of the villains got the drop on us as he managed to cut one of  my arms and tentacles while covering for Tokoyami.

Midoriya: Really? That looks bad.

Shoji: It may looks bad but it's not like it's lost forever. My dupliarms are capable of makeing duplicates upon duplicates. One of those was cut off. As for the tentacle, I can always grow it back. Thing is, he couldn't stand seeing me injured like that. He began to get enraged as the quirk he suppressed took over. 

As Dark Shadow swatted at more trees, Battra fired more prism beams at random objects.

Midoriya: The darker it is, the less control Tokoyami has. I had no idea his quirk would explode like this, let alone he transform into that. 

Godzilla: *Battra, the dark divine moth. Mothra's opposite. A dangerous enemy if you're a human or a potential threat.*

Shoji: It's probably fueled by his anger and regret, he's trying to hold it back. But it made it wilder.

As Shoji dodged another attack from Dark Shadow, Tokoyami struggled to even speak in his new form.

Tokoyami: *Speaking through Battra* FORGET ABOUT ME. GO!!!  FIND.OUR.CLASSMATES. SAVE THEM INSTEAD!!! GRRAAAHHH!!! STOP THIS, CALM DOWN! BOTH OF YOU!!!

Shoji: His quirk is weak against light, if we can lead them to a camp fire, we should be able to calm them down. I don't know how we can turn him back though.

Gezora: *Godzilla, you fought him before. Any idea?*

Godzilla: *Since he did just finish transforming, that means he must not be at full power yet. Battra also has a slight weakness against light. If we can get him to a bright light source, we might also be able to force the transformation back and get him into his humanoid form.*

Shoji: Midoriya, these may be strange circumstances, but I can't leave a suffering friend behind. You forced your broken body here so you can get to Bakugou, right? If you still want to save him, I'll distract dark shadow for you, while you run.

Midoriya: Hold on, the fire at camp is pretty far away. You'll be in danger if- *Dodges another attack from Dark Shadow with Shoji*

Shoji: I know that, but to save people, you have to take risks. That's what makes a hero! Will you stay with me to help Tokoyami, or will you rush to Bakugou's side. You have a choice to make.

After a bit of thinking, Midoriya made a decision to help Shoji.

Meanwhile:

Moonfish: FLESH. PIECES OF MEAT!!! GRRRAAAAHHHHHh!!!!

Moonfish launched all of his teeth-blades at the students. Todoroki had to make more and more ice walls in order to prevent the blades from getting to them.

Bakugou: Teeth attacks, seriously? It's time to blast this freak with everything we got!!

Todorki: You can't-

Bakugou: JUST FREEZE THE STUPID TREES, STUPID!

Todoroki: A big explosion will block my vision, I may not be able to see the fire. And how are you going to get close enough for a clean shot??