t w e n t y t w o

Billie's POV

"Billie? What the fuck happened?" Finneas exclaims over the phone.

"I have no fucking clue, dude." I jeer.

This is my only phone call. I'm standing in some random county jail until they haul me off to God knows where. I knew that Finneas was my best bet to get the fuck out of here.

"Your face is everywhere Billie. The whole world kinda hates you right now." Finneas says.

"I cannot even stress to you enough how unhelpful you're being." I groan into the phone.

"I don't know what to do! Are you kidding me?" He exclaims.

"Call our lawyer. There's some fuck shit going on. You know I didn't kidnap Carmen!" I say.

"Where is Carmen?" He says cautiously.

"I don't know and that's why I need to get out of here. I think she's in danger." I say.

"One more minute left!" A voice booms behind me. I turn and shoot a look at the guard looming over me.

"Okay. Okay. I'll get you out of there. Can't I like pay or something?" Finneas asks.

"I don't know, just please help." I say.

"Okay, I'll call the lawyer then I'll call mom. Be there soon. Love you Bil." The line cuts off.

I hang up the phone and turn back to the officer.

"Okay Miss O'Connell, I'm bringing you back to a holding cell until we figure out what to do with you next." He says, leading me down a hallway.

"My brother is coming to get me." I say.

"Good for you kid." He says, nudging me into a cell and closing it behind me.

I sit on the bed against the wall and take a deep breath. He'll be here soon and everything will be fine.

-

"Miss O'Connell, please follow me." A voice says, opening up the cell.

I jump in surprise, being pulled out of my train of thought. I stand and follow the officer out of the cell and into an office.

I sit in the chair across from who I can only assume is the warden or something.

"Miss O'Connell, while I think you're a guilty scumbag and you should stay in here and rot forever, your brother posted bail and he's waiting out front." The warden sneers.

"What does that even mean for me. I haven't done shit and I don't know where the fuck Carmen is." I say coldly.

"Carmen is receiving psychiatric help for the trauma you undoubtedly caused her. I hope you sleep well at night in your million dollar bed while you can." He shoots back.

I read the nameplate on his desk. "Capt. Ian Sommers".

"Okay Ian. Whatever you say. You'll eat your words. Just give me a few days, you motherfucker."

I stand up. "Get me the fuck out of here." I turn to the prison guard.

He leads me out of the door and into the front room where Finneas stands waiting for me.

"C'mere you little felon you!" He snickers upon seeing me.

"Not fucking funny." I say, before pushing past him and walking out the front doors.

//

look i wasn't quite done with this chapter bc i am a slow ass writer and i have been SOO busy with classes and my job but holy fuck. 3.7k reads. i felt like i had to feed y'all yknow??? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! more soon <3