t w e n t y

TW: Drugs

The next few days are the hardest.

Acclimating to my new surroundings and trying to go along with everything is tough. I still don't know why these people chose me.

I've been floating in and out of consciousness, but to be honest, I'm kinda grateful for the drugs. They've been taking the edge off of everything, and sometimes, I don't feel as scared.

I still don't know if Billie has anything to do with any of this. I haven't heard a word about her. Nothing seems real.

Does Billie know where I am? Will she come looking for me?

"Carmen!" A voice behind me exclaims.

I turn around. It's Paige, one of the girls that seems to work for the people that have me captive. She was the one that injected me with the drugs the day they picked me up from the hospital.

"It's time for another injection." Paige says, approaching me quickly.

I extend my arm to her, and she takes it and plunges the needle in.

"You're going to Webb's office today." Paige says, throwing the needle away.

"Who's Webb?" I ask, feeling a little fuzzy.

"He's the reason you're here." She says, sitting down beside me on the floor of my room.

"How does he know who I am?" I ask.

"I'd love to answer all these questions for you, but I don't know." Paige says.

I sigh, and lay down on the cold linoleum floor.

"When's my next meal?" I ask, defeated.

"Webb is going to eat with you tonight for dinner, but until then, I think Flora is bringing you something to eat." Paige nudges me and then rises. I remember Flora from the car too. They are the only people here that I've spoken to since I've arrived.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Hang in there." Paige turns and leaves the room, and I let myself slowly fall asleep.

-

"It's time to go." Flora stands at the entrance of my room with a bowl of oatmeal.

"To Webb?" I ask groggily, remembering the conversation I had with Paige earlier.

"Yeah, you can eat some oatmeal in the car, I forgot to bring you lunch earlier, sorry." Flora says, helping me up and handing me the lukewarm bowl.

"Why are you guys so nice to me?" I ask. Flora gently guides me out of the door and down the hallway.

"Why would we be mean to you?" Flora says, as we leave the building and get into the car.

Instead of responding, I just hop into the back seat of the car and Flora closes the door behind me.

"It's just down the road, we'll be there in like three minutes." Flora says, hopping into the drivers seat and starting the car.

I pick at my oatmeal as we carefully drive down the windy roads. I notice that we are literally in the middle of nowhere. No identifiable roads, trees, buildings, anything. The oatmeal is disgusting but it's one of the only things I've had to eat today, so I eat it anyway.

"When we get there, I'm gonna give you a change of clothes and you can get ready in the powder room."

"What, is my outfit not good enough?" I jest, looking down at my ratty clothes I've been wearing for days.

Flora snickers, then turns the car down a large, paved pathway. A breathtaking mansion sits at the end of the path, with gorgeous landscaping and a majestic water fountain in the center of it all.