"Come on, let's go feed you since I won't be back until later tonight" I say, walking to my kitchen and grabbing his food from the pantry.

He meows, as a way of telling me that I'm an irresponsible mom for leaving him alone all day.

Yes, I have conversations with my cat, mind your business.

"Oh shut it, you know how busy work can get. Oh, and I might go out with Lennon later." I point out as I finish putting food into his bowl.

He meows again and this time I just ignore it because I need to put on some makeup.

I walk into my bathroom and open my drawer to pull out some mascara, concealer and eyeliner.

They are my go to's when I'm putting on makeup. You either catch me in those or nothing.

I apply the concealer first to cover up some pimples and my eye bags, then my eyeliner. I decide to go with a winged look today because why the hell not?

I finish up putting my mascara on and brush my hair. My hair is naturally brunette but I dye it jet black. I don't know why though because of how fucking pale I am but I like the way I look better with black hair.

Nobody knows I dye it though and I plan on keeping it that way.

Pleased with the way I look, I check the time on my phone and see that I only have 30 minutes until I have to be at work.

"Bye Nicks, be a good boy today. Please don't let me come home to see that you shit all over the couch again just to prove a point that I'm gone all day" I lean down to kiss him on the head and grab my bag, heading out the door.

I reach into my bag to pull out my keys as I walk into the elevator and press floor 1. I'm on the 6th floor in my apartment. It was a bitch moving everything in, let me just tell you.

As I walk out of the elevator I see the receptionist, Nora. She's the nicest person I've ever met.

"Morning, nora!" I smile waving to her.

"Good Morning, sweetheart! Off to work?" She asks with the sweetest voice. She's basically a mother figure.

"Yup, as always." I roll my eyes but give her a half smile

"Have a good day!" I hear her say as I walk out.

Somehow I always manage to forget where I park my car but eventually I found it and walk up to it.

After I get in I connect my phone to my aux and start playing Killer Queen by Queen. A classic.

The drive to work isn't too bad, it's only 10 minutes away but takes 20-30 since again, there's always traffic.

Eventually I pull up and park in the front of my store. I take the store keys out to unlock it and walk inside.

I flick all the switches on including the OPEN sign and sit at my desk.

I opened my own tattoo shop at 20. After I moved out everything went super fast. I never expected to own a business, let alone at the age of 20 but here we are. I guess I just got super lucky.

I named it Caim because that word describes me and my life in every possible way. It's Gaelic and it means "an invisible circle of protection to remind someone of being safe and loved."

Like I've mentioned, my family life was never too good so when I moved out I made sure to keep all of that in the past and after that I came to terms with the thought of only needing myself and loving myself.

Don't get me wrong, I have many problems mentally, but I try not to let it get the best of me.

After sitting at the desk for about 10 minutes, I hear the bell to the door go off and I look up to see Leo walking in.