Page 35

A/N: What do you think of the new cover? Be sure to upvote, it really helps me out. Don't forget to reply with what your character does. Thank you for reading.

"Y/Nkit, come here. Tell Brindleclaw vhat is wrong," comes the oddly sympathetic voice of your mother. You barely process it, to you everything still feels like a dream. "Fine zen. If little kit vill not come to Brindleclaw, Brindleclaw vill come to little kit." You here a shuffling behind you, and feel the prickle of Brindleclaw's long unkempt fur against your pelt. Her orange eyes are suddenly staring into yours. "Now explain."

You shrink back involuntarily, reminded of the giant red eye. You let out a small mew, then clear your throat. "I had a... scary dream. It was terrible."

Brindleclaw laughs loudly. "Oh, vas zat all? Not to worry, little kit. Real vorld is much more terrible place than dream could ever be."

"Wow, thanks for cheering me up. I feel so much better now," you say sarcastically, getting to your paws.

"Of course you do. Vith Brindleclaw, you have nothing to fear but me, little kit." She looks you up and down. "No, zhat's wrong. You are not such little kit anymore. More like Bigkit. Perhaps I should change your name." You chuckle despite yourself. You shift your weight from one paw to another. You realize Brindleclaw is right. Standing up, you're nearly as tall as her.

"It is good that you awake now, sleepyhead," says Brindleclaw. "Brumestar says she vanted to talk vith you, although Brindleclaw can't imagine why." You easily cross the floor of the nursery den and peer outside. The ceiling of the nursery den presses done at the entrance, forcing you to bend your head way down to see into camp. You stick your head out, sighing as a gentle breeze blows through your pelt.

The sun is warm but gentle, unlike some of the harsher days in Greenleaf. Now your pelt doesn't feel like it's turning into a small stream every time you step outside. You like this new season so far, what the elders call leaffall. The grass growing around camp has grown a little brittle, but the cheerful bright yellow sunflowers and the pink little crocus peeking out from the shade of the willows more than make up for it. The sweet vanilla smell mixes with the tangy scent of fresh kill sitting on the pile.

The pile looks very large compared to what you remember from earlier on in your kithood. Prey seems to have been abundant in WillowClan during Greenleaf, and it shows. Mouse, vole, shrew, rabbit, and fat squirrel make your mouth water in anticipation. Cats pass by the mound frequently to grab a snack, lounging and laughing in the sun. With peace at the border, and unity in the clan, every cat seems more friendly and laid back than usual. Maplestrike returns from the hunt, a plump rat in his jaws. He gives you a friendly nod and a wave of his paw.

From the other side of camp, you notice a tabby with a dusty yellow-cream coat. The molly's large copper eyes focus intently on the nursery den, seemingly immune from the spirit of cheer pervading camp. Cats are quick to get out of her path. She fixes her eyes on you, and her frown doesn't slacken. Your eyes widen in recognition. That's Brumestar.

The leader of WillowClan quickly reaches the nursery, and gives you a skeptical look. "Quit skulking in the entranceway. Let me get a look at you," she orders.

Reluctantly, you obey and slink out of the nursery den. Brumestar seems to size you up, pushing your muzzle up for closer with one of her paws. Brindleclaw slips out behind as Brumestar mutters to herself. She then turns to Brindleclaw. "Well, you've raised a fine cat. They seem to be in good physical condition. I'm not sure about mental though. Speak up kit."

"Hey," you say awkwardly. "How is it going, Brumestar?"

"Hmm, still not sure," grumbles Brumestar. "Nevertheless, you have the makings of a fine warrior."

"Da," agrees Brindleclaw. "Now you vill let Brindleclaw go back to being varrior? Zis kit is one of finest Brindleclaw has ever raised!"

"You've only raised two," you mutter.

"Yes Brindleclaw, you may go back to being a warrior now that your queen duties are done," said Brumestar. Then she turns back to you. "But maybe a warrior's path isn't for you. Would you rather choose the way of medicine cat?"

1.Hunting cunning and tasty prey, fighting the clan's enemies with fang and tooth, and even the chance to rule the clan some day as leader? The Path of the Warrior Cat is just what you're looking for! (Go to page 38.)

2.No, healing your clanmates, speaking to StarClan in your dreams, having the leader's ear in all important decisions and being able to travel wherever you want in the clans is a much better deal! The life of a Medicine Cat is the one for you! (Go to Page 39.)

3.Neither! Raising/baring the next generation, finding the cat of your dreams, raising future leaders and medicine cats that will do whatever their loving parent tells them to do. Best of all, getting all the perks of clan life without having to hunt or fight. The life of the Queen is the one for you! (Go to Page 40.)

4.You don't want to grow up! Why can't you just stay a kit forever instead? (Go to Page 41.)