Page 10

"That sounds awesome!" you shout. "C'mon, teach me the first move, I'm more than ready."

Brindleclaw laughs a little at your excitement. "You sound just like Brindleclaw, you know? Zat is exactly how I felt as kit." She rubs her chin. "Hmm, I vill not teach you any moves vith your claws. You are far too puny for zat sort of zing yet." She shows you her big paw. "Instead I vill show you how you can fight without needing claw."

Suddenly, Brindleclaw raps you on the head gently with one of her paws. "First rule of battle, battle can start anytime, anywhere." She raps you on the head again. "Battle is more about learning how not to get hit zan to hit, see?" She tried to rap you on the head again, but this time you dodge. "Good, you learn. See pattern in enemy attacks, learn how to avoid zeir tricks."

You drill for what feels like a while. You often find your little body buffeted by Brindleclaw's blows, but a pattern starts to emerge to the way she attacks. Gradually, you find yourself avoiding more and more of them. "Vell done," says Brindleclaw after you dodge many of her attacks in a row. "Now is time to learn how to attack."

Brindleclaw grabs your tail and shakes you until your body feels limp and sinks to the floor. "Zis is ze tail yank," she explains. "Use it to immobilize enemy so you can get hit in. You try." After stumbling to your paws and catching your balance, you practice by yanking Brindleclaw's tail and shaking. Brindleclaw mraows in laughter. "Ooh, zat tickles. Keep at it!" After a long while, Brindleclaw sinks to the floor and pulls her tail away. "Very good," she says, although you suspect she was just pretending to be limp for your benefit.

"Now ze last zing I vill teach you today is ze Front Paw Blow. Like so," she says, bringing her front paw down on your head again like she did before. You growl, your ears ringing slightly. Why does she have to demonstrate the techniques on me, you wonder. "Bring your front paw down on other cat's head hard, and zey vill go down. Observe." Brindleclaw makes you practice the move in the air, before trying it on her head.

After a particularly strong blow from you, Brindleclaw sinks to the ground. "Okay, zat is enough. Brindleclaw has energy no more." You sink down beside her, tired and sore, but proud in what you've accomplished.

Gain 1 Battle training skill point. Go to Page 12.

AN: Don't forget to upvote the part and reply. It really helps me out.