Page 5

"Sparrowkit's right," you say, stepping beside him. "Eaglekit, you're obviously just looking for an excuse to be an even bigger bully than you already are. The old rules aren't broken, why change them?"

Eaglekit unsheathes his claws and takes a menacing step towards you. "Say that again, I dare you," he hisses. At one moon older, he towers over you. Sparrowkit gulps.

Ravenkit steps between you two. "Stop it Eaglekit. They're not worth getting your claws dirty over."

Eaglekit thinks for a moment, then turns his back on you and sheaths his claws. "Teck, you're probably right," he spits. "I'll play with boring old rules. Even bad Mossball's better than no Mossball."

Sparrowkit seems to find his voice again. "Alright, everyone gather in a circle." You do so, although Ravenkit and Eaglekit take their sweet time. "Now I'll start passing the mossball. Just a reminder, the goal is to keep the ball in the air as long as possible. Ready? Go!"

Sparrowkit passes the ball to you gently, and you hit it to Ravenkit with your tail. She concentrates and passes it to Eaglekit with a bat of her paw. The game mostly goes smoothly, although Eaglekit does keep throwing curveballs at you and Sparrowkit. Thankfully, there's only so forcefully you can throw a ball of moss.

After a while, Ravenkit catches the ball in her mouth. She sets it on the ground. "I'm bored. Let's leave these two losers to play more of their widdle kit games. I've got something much better in mind." Eaglekit nods and the two pad off to a deeper corner of the den.

"Hey, thanks for having my back," Sparrowkit says, awkwardly rubbing his foreleg with one of his paws. "I- I really had fun today." He gives you a shy smile.

"No problem," you say. You look back at Brindleclaw who is looking at you intently. "Oop, got to go," you say apologetically, before scampering off to Brindleclaw. What could she want?

Gain one relationship point with Sparrowkit. Go to page 12.

AN: Don't forget to upvote the part and reply. It really helps me out.